Chapter 7

Arohi was going to get water for herself in the kitchen when the lights suddenly went off. The thundering started out and she recalled that her dog was still out roaming as it liked going out at night. In the dark, she ran out of her house to find her dog.

The weather had suddenly taken a dark twist. Just a few hours ago, her mehndi ceremony ended. It was organised in the garden under the blanket of bright stars. And now, the sky was dark, so dark that she couldn't see anything except for scary clouds.

"Bella?" Arohi shouted her dog's name as she ran out of the gate.

"Bella?" Her voice was shaky this time due to fear. She didn't want to lose her dog as it was very close to her heart.

Arohi was getting hysterical when the thundering and lightning increased but the dog was nowhere to be found. Bella was very young. Whenever it got wet in rain, it would get sick. Its health was fragile to begin with and she dared not to think of the consequences that the poor dog would have to go through if it got wet in the rain. Worse, what if the storm hurt the dog?

"Why does light have to go right now?" Arohi asked, pissed. A droplet of rain fell on her head and she shuddered at the fear of losing Bella.

She had an urge to cry right now. Why was nothing going according to her plans? Why couldn't she find Bella? Why couldn't she find happiness and peace? What was wrong with her Kismet? Why did she had to go through all this alone? Why can't this hurting stop?

She didn't know why her life had so many battles decided for her to fight. She had yet to finish one battle and another was already prepared for her. Would it ever end? Or she would have to keep acting strong like this all her life?

Honestly, she was tired. She wanted a break.

"Bella! Bella! Please come home. Don't scare me, "Arohi was running on the streets looking for the dog but she was unable to find it. Nobody could understand where the dog had gone. The sky usurped the dog or the earth disappeared it?

"Arohi?"

Arohi paused in her footsteps when she heard a familiar voice calling her name in the dead of the night in the middle of nowhere. She dared not to turn back because she knew that if she did, she would never be able to move on. She was trying so hard to move on already. She couldn't fail this time.

Little did she know even if she didn't turn to look back, he would come to stand before her. That's what he always does. That's what the past always does. It comes to stand in front of the present when you are figuring out your future.

Abhimanyu flashed his phone light on her tear stained face and asked in concern, "What's wrong?".

His heart ached at this sight. He had not expected to find her in the middle of the night here. He wanted to hug her, wipe her tears and ask her about why she was crying? Did he hurt her again?

"I can't find Bella, "Arohi said while being on the verge of tears. "She is scared of lightning and thunder. If she gets wet in the rain, she will fall sick. I don't know what to do. I'm such a bad person. I can't even take care of Bella."

"Who is Bella, Arohi?" Abhimanyu asked her in confusion. He had not met any person with the name Bella. Who was she talking about?

"My dog, "Arohi said, suppressing a sob.

"Okay. Okay. We are finding Bella. Don't cry, "Abhimanyu said, patting her back. "Tell me where Bella usually goes? We will find her there."

Arohi told her about all the places where Bella could be. She told him about Bella's habits and how it looked.  They checked almost all the places but didn't find the dog anywhere. She was losing hope but he was motivating her to be positive.

At one place, a pebble came under her foot and she winced as it prickled the sole of her foot. He flashed the light on her feet when he saw her bare feet, his eyes widened in shock. Was he angry at this sight? No, angry was an understatement. He had an urge to shake this woman and ask how could she do this to herself?

....

A/N: Abhi Aru first moment. 💔💗🥰😍