Chapter 11

"You have lost your mind, Abhimanyu Singhania!" Archana shouted at her son. She was losing her temper and her son was the reason behind it. "Vihan, your son needs a beating."

"Bro, why is mom heated?" Ahana Singhania, his sister asked as she looked at her parents. She was outside with her Aunt but suddenly someone called her and said Abhimanyu was calling the entire family in the room as he had something important to talk about. 

"Your brother decided to do one right thing and your mother can't stand it, "Lata Singhania, Abhimanyu's grandmother said with an eye roll. In the entire room, she was the most chill person. She was sitting on the sofa sipping on orange juice while enjoying the drama that her daughter-in-law was creating. She looked at her daughter-in-law and asked,   "What's the harm in marrying Arohi? Even if you tour the entire world, you would not find a girl as beautiful and sensible as her. Would you be happy if your son brought a fringan (foreigner) home?" 

Lata knew that Archana's biggest fear was that Abhimanyu would marry a Newyorker and settle down there. If he settled in New York, he would never come back to Delhi. As a mother, how could Archana let it happen? Lata was using the fear against Archana to make the latter agree with Abhimanyu's wish. 

When Ayushman left the wedding to see his ex-girlfriend, Anu Walia, Lata's daughter lost it. She couldn't imagine that her son ruined their family's reputation and destroyed the life of an innocent girl. The Walia family didn't want to bring hurt or any kind of a pain to Arohi and that's why Lata thought that Abhimanyu marrying Arohi was the best decision and she wholeheartedly agreed on this matter with Abhimanyu. 

"Shanaya —"Archana tried to say but she was mercilessly cut off. 

"I'm never marrying Shanaya, "Abhimanyu made his stance clear. Even if Arohi didn't ask him to not marry Shanaya, he would not have married that girl. He felt that Shanaya and he were not compatible. Moreover, he was never ready for a marriage. It was just that Arohi's entry into his life changed everything for him. 

"You always wanted to marry an IAS officer, "Archana pointed out. 

"I was stupid back then, mom, "Abhimanyu sighed. 

"I never gave you my permission to bring Shanaya home as our daughter-in-law, "Grandmother Lata raged as she looked at Archana. "I don't like that girl's grandfather. She will never enter our house." 

"Mom, you don't like anyone, "Archana sighed. "You are hard to please." 

Vihan Singhania heaved out a sigh. The saas-bahu drama was started once again and he would very much like to distance himself from it. Just like in old times, he would not choose between his mom and wife. 

"I like Arohi just fine, "The old woman said. "If my one grandson can't marry her, another can. I will give my blessing. Do you want Anu to be in guilt all her life? She will break down thinking her son destroyed the life of a girl. Can you see that?" 

Archana felt silent. After a moment she replied, "But why should Abhi pay for Ayush's mistake? That's wrong not just for Abhi but for Arohi too. How would she feel about being thrown out at two brothers? When one didn't catch her she was thrown to another? I don't think any woman will like this kind of situation." 

"You should not be so practical all the time, "Lata retorted and Archana sat on the sofa in defeat. 

"Fine. Do whatever you guys want to, "Archana said, raising her hands in the air. 

"I'm proud of you, "Vihaan Singhania said, patting his son's back. "You are doing this for your family. But you don't have to do that." 

Who the hell is doing this for the family? Abhimanyu wanted to ask them. Did he look that self sacrificing? 

"You can marry Arohi, "Archana suddenly said. "But you have to promise us that you will not go back to New York. You will work in our hospital." 

Abhimanyu stared at his parents for a long time and in the end, nodded his head. He resigned anyway. It was just that he forgot to inform his parents. 

"I'm going to ask Dev Kumar for the hand of his daughter for my doctor grandson, "Lata said as she sashayed from the room with a smirk. 

"Son, if you are marrying that girl, treat her well, "Archana said after a while. "I don't want you to ruin your lives under the sense of responsibility. I don't care if this incident brings bad PR for our family. I just want you to be happy. I don't want an innocent girl to suffer because of our family." She patted his back and said before leaving, "I'm going to see your Aunt Anu." 

"Bhai, congratulations. You are getting married, "Ahana said, hugging her brother. 

"It's not easy, Choti, "Abhimanyu said with a sigh. 

"What do you mean?" Ahana asked in confusion. 

"Do you think a woman like Arohi will accept this arrangement easily?" Abhimanyu asked and Ahana fell silent. 

What he said made sense!

.....

A/N: How was your Diwali everybody?