Chapter 5

When the engagement party ended and all the guests returned, Arohi ran back to her bedroom. Drishti and Maya were running after him. 

"Arohi, what's wrong? Tell us. You are scaring us, "Maya said as she entered the room behind Arohi. 

"Abhi…"Arohi was not able to control her emotions. "He is here…" 

"Who is here?" Drishti asked.

"Abhimanyu!" Arohi said,  aggressively. She was trying to avoid thinking that the same doctor cousin of Ayushman that Anu Walia was talking about was the same Abhimanyu she knew. She thought it could be a mere coincidence. 

"How could he be here? He is in New York, "Drishti laughed. 

Maya turned to look at Drishti. "How do you know? Didn't you say you are not in contact with Abhimanyu or Arohi's friends? What else are you hiding?" 

"Maya, I am not in contact with them but I have ears. I hear when people talk. It's a different thing I never talk about those things, "Drishti said. 

"Leave me alone. I need to sleep, "Arohi said. "Tomorrow is my Haldi ceremony. I will not let anyone spoil my day. I'm getting married in four days and it's fixed." 

When they both left the room, Drishti said to Maya, "She is suppressing her emotions again. If she really saw Abhimanyu, I don't know what we would do. She may act like she is strong. We all know that it's not true."  

On the other hand, Walia and the Singhania family were over the moon to see Abhimanyu after years. 

"Abhi, have you met Shanaya?" Abhimanyu's mother Archana asked with a smile. 

"Shanaya Bedi?" Abhimanyu asked. She was the daughter of his father's friend and they were close before he went to boarding school. 

"She is an IAS. Did I tell you?" Archana said with a smile. "Why don't you meet her?" 

"Ma, is Ayushman's fiancee IAS too?" Abhimanyu asked the question with great difficulty. 

"No? Who told you that?" Archana asked. "I don't know much about her. I just know that her father is a retired teacher and he opened his school in the village. I think she helps his father in school. You know your Aunt Anu. She never cared about a girl of the same status. She met Arohi at a function and liked her. She tracked the girl and got her engaged with Ayushman." 

Abhimanyu stared at her mother with a look that said he was at a loss for words. 

Archana said after a while, "I like Shanaya a lot. She will fit well in our family. I'm not asking you to marry her right now. Just try to get to know her a little." 

Abhimanyu stared at her mother with an empty heart and blank eyes. He had nothing to say. He was just in shock.

_______

Arohi's Engagement dress 😍🥰