chapter 15

That night when Abhimanyu reached home, he went straight to his bedroom. Usually, Arohi would be in the room on her laptop at this time but today she was not in the bedroom. He didn't know when he developed the habit of having evening tea with her and since he didn't see her when he came home he felt restless.

"Maa, where is Arohi?" Abhimanyu asked.

"She is staying the night at her friend Maya's house, " Archana replied.

"She didn't tell me, " Abhimanyu complained.

"Maybe if you had kept your phone switched on, she would have informed you, " Archana commented.

"My phone ran out of battery, "Abhimanyu said.

"That's why we keep chargers with us, " Archana scolded him. "She called you but your phone was switched off. Then, she called me. Such a careless boy you are."

"Bhai, do you know Bhabi is in big trouble?" Ahana said with a serious look. "Some vile woman stole her manuscript idea and copied the idea. Do you know how sad she was? Ayushman bro is not even taking calls. The vile author is signed with his company. Bhabo has to leave with Maya to deal with the Maya."

"Did you know our Arohi is famous author Arohi Kumar?" Dadi asked with a hint of pride in her tone. "I started reading my Arohi's books. Ahana and I are racing to see who read the  book first."

"I'm going to call Arohi, " Abhimanyu said and went to his room. When his phone had enough battery, he dialed his wife's number.

"Abhimanyu, what was wrong with your phone?" Arohi asked.

"Sorry, I forgot the charger at home. The surgery was very long. I could not call you, " Abhimanyu apologized.

"It's alright, " Arohi sighed. "How was the surgery?"

"Long and tiring, " Abhimanyu sighed. "Thankfully, I have no other surgeries scheduled for two weeks. My dad is utilizing all the money spent on my degree."

Arohi chuckled. "Good."

"How are you? Did you resolve your problem?" Abhimanyu asked. "How can I help you?"

"The problem is resolved. Ayushman picked my call. He is coming to Delhi, " Arohi said. "Reach out to your cousin. He doesn't sound like he is doing well."

Abhimanyu hummed in reply.

"What are you thinking?" Arohi asked him.

"That I can have the bed to myself today, " Abhimanyu laughed.

Arohi blushed. "You insisted on taking the couch. Not my fault." Before she could say anything, he said, "Come home soon. I already miss you."

"Clingy, " Arohi said, before disconnecting the call.

Maya cleared her throat as she smiled at Arohi and said, "Ahem…we were worried in vain. You guys are doing good."

"I assured you that he is a good man, " Arohi said.

"But he broke your heart once, " Maya said.

"Maya, can I forget all the good things that he did for me just because we broke up? We were young and stupid, "Arohi answered with a smile. "Do you know why our relationship survived almost ten years? Because we were in boarding school. We were always together. When we came to college, we couldn't make time for each other because of our super busy schedule, so we began drifting and fighting. We didn't know how to hold on to what we had. We were just twenty one at that time. What did we even know about love and marriage? We both were ambitious persons. Our families have high expectations from us. We had high expectations from us. It's just that we didn't take our breakup the way we should have."

"What are you going to do now?" Maya asked.

"What can I do?" Arohi asked. "If he shows so much effort, can I push him away? The seed of feelings had begun to sprout in my heart once again. It's too late to do damage control for my heart."

"I don't know what to say, " Maya signed.

"A night before the wedding, Bella got lost in the rain. You know she is afraid of thunderstorms, " Arohi said. "I was running all over the stresses looking for Bella in the dark. He appeared out of nowhere. I was barefoot. He carried me home. He looked for Bella all night and brought her to me in the morning. Bella had a fever and he treated her. Even he got a fever because of getting wet in the rain."

"I still want to dislike him, " Maya muttered. "Abhimanyu and Ayushman really make it hard to hate them, don't they?"

"They both are good men, " Arohi smiled. "I hope Ayushman gets his happiness. The heartache has consumed his soul. It will be so difficult for him to heal from the pain."

"What happened to the girl?" Maya questioned.

"Pia died in his arms, "Arohi whispered. "It was her last wish. She loved him so much. She couldn't stop herself from meeting him one last time."

......

A/N: Do you know your comments are ky motivation? Come on, if you are reading the story, let me know. So, you can get some extra chapters in advance!