Requested by AST3R01D and cicigucci 

They both requested ATEEZ royal AU series, and this is part 8 of 8.

(pictures aren't mine by the way)

It had been 4 years since your parents and brother died from the plague but you still hadn't seen anyone step foot on your parent's land ever since. 

Well until today, that is. 

Just as you were pouring tea for your breakfast you watched as a young man in a brown hood walked to your father's workshop, picking up a bag of precious metals and examining them carefully. 

Another bloody thief. 

Without much further thought, you ran outside, scooping hard green apples into your apron and chucking them at the man's back. 

"Get away from there!" You yelled. 

The man turned to you, before ducking when another apple went spiraling past his head. He looked more confused than anything but when you landed a small apple right in the center of his forehead, he decided it was probably best to run. 

"That's my father's!" 

Your voice became hoarse from yelling as you tossed your last apple at the male's feet, causing him to stumble and fall face-first on the ground. 

"Would you stop that?" He hissed, shooting you a glare as he stood up, dusting off his dirtied clothes. 

His round face peeked its way through the hood as he turned around, his clothing looked far too nice to be a beggar's garb but as a thief, he probably stole them from the rich. 

"I wasn't stealing anything." He said before bowing, "My name is Choi Jongho and I'm the prince of Dal-"

"Oh shut your face. What would the prince of Dal be doing all the way in the countryside without an entire entourage following behind him?" 

"I ran away." 

You rolled your eyes as you began to walk back to the house, "Alright, and I'm the secret lover of Emperor Hongjoong." 

Jongho furrowed his brows, "You're Mars?" 

You stopped in your tracks, "What? no. I was being sarcastic. Now leave."  

There was silence, and without looking back, you made your way back to the house. After you shut the door, you sat down for your tea and sipped it quietly as you remember that years before your parent's death; no one ever tried to steal then. 

༺♥༻

Days passed and just as you were beginning to believe that the thief was long gone, he somehow showed up on your doorstep. 

"What do you want?" You asked, opening the door a crack. 

Jongho smiled and pointed to a row of horses and guards, all adorned with the royal markings of Dal. You sighed before smacking your head against the wooden door, knowing well it could mean your head if word got out that you chucked apples at the crown prince. 

"Alright, fine." You said with a small sigh. Opening the door, you did a small curtsy and tightened the ribbons of your apron. "You were right and I apologize but just because you're a prince doesn't mean you can just take whatever you want." 

"Well technically I can, but I wasn't. I was just looking at the metals, you never see them on this side of the country." 

You nodded slowly as he spoke, your attention falling on the guards who seemed to eye you suspiciously. They probably wanted to know why the prince hadn't instructed for you to be dragged back to the dungeon and killed. 

Jongho smiled at you softly, he had stopped talking a while ago but you were so distracted you hadn't even noticed. 

"You know, I never got your name." 

His smile was so sweet, you couldn't help but blush. 

"I'm Jang Y/n." 

"Jang Y/n, would you give me the honor of attending the royal ball tonight?" 

Authors Note: It sucks, I'm tired, I haven't written in a million years. Does anyone want a part two at the ball?