Chapter 1: Welcome to Kalos, Straw Hats!

It was a beautiful morning in a certain small town. A small avian creature flew over to a particular windowsill of a house. This creature had a reddish-orange head with a triangular yellow mark on the back of each eye. His body and wings were gray, and there were white tips on the wings. He had a long, black tail with a white V-shaped marking near the tip. The tail ended in two points and had two feathers sticking out at the base, resembling the fletching on the end of an arrow. His legs, small beak, and eyes were black. The legs were thin and spindly, with two toes facing forward and one facing backward on each foot.

"Fletchling. (Morning.)" the bird-like creature, named Fletchling, chirped. Inside the kitchen, a woman in her late thirties hummed to herself as she cooked breakfast for two. She had sapphire blue eyes and brown hair with a yellow hairpin and wore pink lipstick, a simple black T-shirt, a tracksuit whose sleeves had been tied into a knot, and some orange shoes. This woman, Grace, sighed in annoyance as Fletchling stepped down to the counter. Of course, her daughter was still asleep.

"Fletchling, wake Serena up for me, won't you? Of course I already tried once, but, as usual, once is never enough!" she lamented while tossing up some lettuce. Fletchling smiled mischievously before taking off into the air. He went up the stairs and landed near a door. It was ajar, so Fletchling barely squeezed himself into the pink room littered with some furniture, including a short table designed like a red and white ball. He then flew over to a wooden bed with a yellow insect-like doll on it. Fletchling lowered himself until he reached a spot near the top. As the alarm clock rang, he lifted his head and slammed his beak down.

An earsplitting scream came throughout the whole house. Outside, a rhinoceros-like creature with a body covered in gray, rocky plates yelped slightly. His underside and rear were smooth, and he had four short legs with two claws on each foot. He had a triangular head with narrow, red eyes, two fangs protruding from his upper jaw, small, triangular openings on the upper sides, and a short horn on the tip of his snout. A spiked ridge ran along his back. The creature, called Rhyhorn, was used to the yell since it was an everyday occurrence for the last several years, but dang, it was still loud!

Grace naturally heard that and nodded at the food she was making before mumbling under her breath, "Good! Looks like we're all set!" In the commotion, another doll, this one resembling a certain creature, got flung up into the air and hit the head of a fifteen-year-old girl who had fallen off the bed. She had long honey-blonde hair and the same eyes as her mother and wore a red bow on top and pink pajamas. Fletchling landed on the table.

"Fletch fletchling! (Wake up, sleepyhead!)" he chirped in amusement as the girl, Serena, sat up, sporting a bruise on her forehead.

"I've told you a million times not to wake me up like that!" she exclaimed, clearly annoyed.

Fletchling just stared at Serena with innocent eyes and chirped, "Fletch. (Sorry.)" She frowned before launching herself at him. Fletchling quickly flew out of the way, causing Serena to crash-land belly-first on the floor. He then found a place to rest and took it on top of her head, much to her annoyance.

"Serena! Time for morning practice!" Grace called out authoritatively.

"Right!" Serena shouted back. She then sighed bitterly.

"Not again!" Serena muttered to herself. Her mother was a Rhyhorn Racing champion, and for as long as the girl could remember, she had been trying to get her to do the same thing. However, Serena wanted absolutely no part of that. But since she didn't have a dream to pursue, she was forced to endure the harsh training for the last several years.

Actually, I do have a dream...But I don't even know where he is right now. Serena thought with sadness in her eyes. She got up and walked over to the window. Serena opened it to both sides.