Chapter 11: New Genesis

"We can change the way of our future."

"Try a brand new path..."

"If I change the world..."

"If I change the WORLD..."

Luffy awoke from his slumber and sat up in bed. As he groggily rubbed his eyes, he smiled upon hearing this song that was being played on the radio downstairs.

Man, this song is pretty catchy. Soothing too. Luffy thought.

He then narrowed his eyebrow while thinking to himself, But I can't help but feel like I recognize that voice from somewhere.

"Shinx Shinx. (Morning, Luffy.)" Shinx greeted Luffy as she happily jumped up on his lap. In response, he absentmindedly petted her on the head, confusing her.

"Say goodbye to everyone who stands against us."

"No one has the power to stop a change that comes through music."

"No, you can't stop magic."

"Close your eyes and you can see the future before you."

"Every note I sing is bringin' you closer to your purpose."

"Once you're there don't let go."

"You wanna play a real game, unfurl the chain."

"Melody strung out like we're walkin' on a tight rope."

"Don't wanna cry, don't wanna try, wanna forget."

"Just let me live inside a dreamland."

"I wanna be free!"

"And let a new era dawn."

Luffy had just been listening up until that point, and his eyes grew wide as he remembered a certain friend's promise to start a new era.

"So you really are here, heh, Uta?" he asked knowingly.

"I know that we can."

"Create a New World!"

"We can change the way of our future."

"Try a brand new path..."

"If I change the world..."

"This boundless music brings transformation."

"Messages in song."

"Reach even further."

"This dream will come true."

"I believe in you."

Luffy smiled warmly as he looked down at a curious Shinx.

"Well, Shinx, I think today is gonna be an interesting one." he admitted. While Luffy was getting ready for the day, next door, Ash had also woken up rather peacefully without any of those horrible nightmares. And he was actually curious about that song too, as it sounded very unique. After Ash got himself dressed, he went to the kitchen to see if his favorite girl was there. And to his delight, Serena was indeed there baking with Fennekin and Chuchu.

"Morning, Rena!" Ash called out happily. Serena turned to him as she smiled brightly.

"Morning, Ash. You sound chipper." she responded observantly.

Ash chuckled before saying, "Well, I'm usually this way in the mornings when Pikachu isn't zapping me awake. Though, I guess seeing you makes me more chipper than usual." Serena blushed while Chuchu and Fennekin giggled.

"Well, I guess THAT hadn't reappeared recently. Which is good." she stated, clearly relieved. Ash nodded to confirm that. Soon, the entire group was eating breakfast.