Chapter 16: Kalos' Daycare: New Team Members Found and Surprising Revelations

"...Ralts...Ralts...Ral... (...Mama...Papa...Kiri...)"

"...Ra ral ralts... (...No, please don't...)"

"RALTS! RALTS! RAL! (MAMA! PAPA! KIRI!)"

"RAAAAAAAAAAA! (NOOOOOOOOOO!)" Ralts suddenly screamed as she shot up in bed. While she huffed and puffed, tears started forming in her eyes. Ralts was about to cry again when she felt two gentle arms wrap around her.

"It's okay, Ralts. It's okay. Calm down." Nami uttered. Ralts didn't know why, but hearing her soothing voice was enough to calm her down. As they separated, the Feeling Pokemon gave her a curious look, like she wanted to know why this stranger she only just met was being so nice to her, compared to other humans. She knew Nami had such a positive aura about her, especially compared to the Navy, but she could sense sadness and pain in her too.

"...You know, you and I have a lot in common." the navigator admitted. Ralts looked at her in wonder. Nami explained how she was found by Nojiko and, later, Bell-mere in the aftermath of a hostile battle in the Dykot Kingdom and how the former Marine retired to Cocoyashi Village and adopted them. She then had a sad look as she told Ralts about Arlong killing her foster mother and her joining the crew in order to buy back the village, which left the Feeling Pokemon horrified. Nami also revealed that he was backed by a corrupted Marine and that she had to turn to pirates for help at a time when she didn't fully trust them. She then smiled as she proceeded to tell Ralts about how a crew of merely four pirates defeated Arlong and freed both her and the village. By the end of it all, the Feeling Pokemon was smiling too as she realized her hunch about the crew being good was right on the money.

She and I are so similar that it's like we're compatible. She's the perfect trainer for me. she thought. Ralts then decided to try something and focused her psychic powers into Nami's mind.

...Nami, can you hear me? she asked telepathically. Nami's eyes grew wide.

"...Uh, was that you, Ralts?!" she yelped, totally surprised. Meowth could guess what happened and smirked.

"Well, well, well, sounds like she's talking to ya telepathically. That, right there, is the ultimate sign of trust among Psychic types." he explained. Ralts nodded at that.

Meowth is correct. On that note, I wanna join you. May I? she asked with a hopeful expression.

Nami gave Ralts a smile before saying, "Of course. I wouldn't want it any other way." The Feeling Pokemon grinned brightly and embraced her in a hug, which she returned. Once they ended the embrace, Meowth spoke up.

"Good on ya, ya two. We should wait and get Ralts discharged before ya make it official, Nami." he suggested. Nami and Ralts looked at each other before gazing upon Meowth.

"Agreed./Ralts. (Agreed.)" they both concurred at the same time. While the trio and Psyduck waited for either Nurse Joy or Brock to come and discharge Ralts, outside, Ash, who had Pikachu on his shoulder and Charizard next to him, was talking to Professor Oak, Delia, and Bulbasaur on his tablet.

"...Well, this has to be the most serious journey start you've ever had. Like, geez! It's probably a good thing Cynthia is there and Lance is on his way. This could get real bad, real fast." the professor admitted grimly once his protégé finished telling him everything that had been happening since the last time he called.

Ash scowled before saying, "Yeah, tell me about it! Yeesh, all I wanted to do was find Rena and go on a nice journey with her. Instead..."

"...you get caught up in a conspiracy between pirates and the Navy. Oh, what am I gonna do with you, Ash?" Delia uttered while shaking her head in disbelief.