Chapter 6: A Nightmare

Ash was walking along Route 110 in the Hoenn region with no one at his side. Even Pikachu was nowhere to be found.

"...Odd. What am I doing in Hoenn? Where's Pikachu?" Ash mused, very confused as he looked around the scenery. He then froze once he spotted a familiar girl fast asleep in his path with pieces of wood scattered over her body. She had long, thick, mouse-brown hair, with a side fringe spread across her forehead, and blue eyes and wore a red and white bandanna, a scarlet top with a black undershirt, a black bracelet with a particular stone Ash didn't recognize on her left wrist, white short shorts with black lycra mini-leggings underneath, a yellow and green fanny pack, and yellow and black ankle boots with orange soles.

"MAY?!" he yelped in shock while he rushed over to his former companion. Ash bent down on his knees, moved the wood out of the way, and lifted her head off the grass. He proceeded to shake May's body around, frantically trying to wake her up.

"Hey! Wake up, May! Come on! WAKE UP!" Ash exclaimed worriedly. Yet, no matter how much he tried, May simply would not wake up.

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?! MAY-"

Ash...help...me... a girl's voice uttered telepathically Inside Ash's mind. His eyes grew wide once he recognized that voice. Ash laid May back down, stood up, and began to panic as he ran ahead.

"SERENA?! SERENA, WHERE ARE YOU?!" he called out, very worried sick now. Soon, Ash spotted a red toque with a white Pokeball logo lying on the ground. He glanced up and stopped dead in his tracks once he saw a Pokemon he knew all too well. He was a black, shadow-like Pokemon. He had a small head with a white fog-like ghostly plume billowing from his head covering one of his bright blue eyes, with the portion on his face resembling hair. He also had a red spiky growth around his neck. He had skinny arms and long black tatters hanging from his shoulders. He also had black, claw-like hands. He had the slight appearance of an hourglass figure and appeared to be wearing an old, ripped cloak. He normally did not have any sort of legs, but, as Ash had seen before, he was able to extend stilt-like appendages in their place.

"Darkrai..." he gasped upon recognizing the Mythical Pokemon. Ash then noticed Darkrai's eye glow light blue and an aura of the same color surrounding a certain sleeping girl. She wore a loose light-yellow T-shirt with light pink and yellow flower patterns spread across it and the white color of a bra being visible under her right arm, a blue ribbon on her right wrist, small green shorts, and red and black shoes with large yellow laces. While the clothes looked unfamiliar to Ash, there was no mistaking the honey-blonde hair, even if it was short.

"Serena..." he mumbled under his breath. Ash's eyes widened in horror as Darkrai used his psychic powers to make Serena float up high with her head, arms, and legs hanging about.

"DARKRAI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SERENA?!" he shouted, clearly afraid. Ash checked the spot where his Pokeballs usually were, only to find that he didn't have them.

"Shoot..." he muttered to himself. Ash quickly looked up to see a helicopter coming down directly behind Serena. The side door slid open, revealing a bunch of men and women clad in black and white clothes with skull helmets and S-shaped emblems hanging from chains. In the middle was a certain man. He had white hair, dark eyes, black eyebrows, and a purple S tattoo on his left arm and wore a black jacket with a zigzag pattern on both sides, a white shirt underneath it, some black pants with two white x's under his knees, a pair of white shoes, a golden watch on his left wrist, a black and white bracelet with a certain crystal Ash also did not recognize etched into it around his right wrist, golden sunglasses with one of the glasses being bent on his head, and a locket with a yellow S surrounding his neck.

"WHO IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS?!" he hollered, now very pissed off. If anybody heard Ash, they certainly didn't show it.

"Darkrai, brin' her in to me." the man in the middle said viciously.