Chapter 18: Revelations of All Kinds

Early the next morning, Ash and Pikachu awoke to the sound of a ringing tablet. They both groaned in annoyance as they tried to go back to sleep.

"...Wake up, Ash! It's your mother!" Luffy hissed out as he held Ash's tablet. Shinx was on his hat, wide awake. Ash and Pikachu both jolted up. The boy was about to scream when Luffy covered his mouth.

"Not so loud. Everyone else is still asleep." he uttered quietly. Ash and Pikachu gave Luffy an understanding nod before they all got out of the tent and snuck away with the Mouse Pokemon on his trainer's shoulder. Soon, they got far enough that they were sure no one would hear the conversation that was about to go down. Ash grabbed the still-ringing tablet and checked out the time.

"...5:30 in the morning?! I know there's a time difference and all, but geez..." he moaned. Pikachu, Luffy, and Shinx nodded in agreement. Ash took a deep breath to compose himself before logging in and pushing the Answer button. Soon, the tablet revealed an image of a very furious Delia.

"ASH KETCHUM! CARE TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF?!" she hollered loudly. No matter how far away Ash, Luffy, and their Electric types were, that yell was so loud that it woke up the rest of the group in the tents.

"...DELIA?!" Brock yelped in surprise.

"UGH! At this hour?!" Clemont grumbled while Bonnie and Dedenne were both shaking.

"It's way too early for this." Serena mumbled, with Chuchu nodding.

"NO KIDDING!" Nami and Meowth shouted at the same time.

Ash and Pikachu just sighed before he said, "Mom, J is a part of the Navy. That's why they gave me a bounty."

"...What on Earth am I gonna do with you, young man?" Delia muttered while shaking her head.

"Well, if I hadn't gone to Kalos, they would've gone after Rena." Ash admitted. Delia looked ready to say something when a hand touched her shoulder.

"You know he's right, Delia." Oak concurred. Ash and Pikachu both raised an eye.

"Professor? What are you doing there?" he asked.

"Gary called and told me everything. I was just telling Delia. All your Pokemon know now too, and they're all training really hard." Oak responded.

"...That figures. Just tell them not to go overboard, please." Ash uttered as Pikachu chuckled. Oak hummed.

"But then why didn't you call sooner?" Delia inquired, sounding a little upset. At that, Ash grabbed a certain Pokeball from his pajama pocket and pressed on the white button to enlarge it.

"Two reasons. #1. I had to consider the time difference. It's 5:30 in the morning here, just so you know. As for the second reason..." he started before tossing it up in the air. The Pokeball opened, revealing Riolu, who landed on Ash's other shoulder.

"I've been busy training up this Riolu since he hatched from his egg yesterday." he finished.

"Rio riolu Riolu Rio-riolu. (Good morning, Mistress, Professor.)" Riolu greeted Delia and Oak politely.

She groaned in annoyance before saying, "Of course you were..."

"I must say, I'm surprised the egg hatched as fast as it did when you got it. I was gonna call the Daycare and have it sent to an old colleague in Vermillion City." Oak admitted. Ash, Pikachu, Riolu, Luffy, and Shinx's eyes rose in intrigue.

"You knew of the egg?" the boy questioned Oak.

"I did, in fact." he confirmed with a nod.

"...Anyway, what else is new?" Delia inquired. Serena came up beside Ash in her pajamas with her egg in her arms and a sleepy Chuchu on her shoulder.