Chapter 3: Fateful Encounters

Once Serena got packed up, she came back downstairs to see the Straw Hats waiting at the front door, with Luffy being the most impatient of the bunch.

"Geez, someone sure is impatient." she stated with a roll of the eyes. Nami chuckled a little.

"It's already hard keeping Luffy still anyway. Add to the fact that he wants to meet Garchomp, and I'd say he's raring to go." she replied.

"Yeah! Let's go, let's go!" Luffy exclaimed eagerly.

Serena giggled before asking, "How do you put up with him?"

"You'll find out the more you're with us." Zoro answered, with Nami, Usopp, and Sanji nodding.

"Well then, you better not keep Luffy waiting any longer, Serena." Grace said as she walked over to the group with Fletchling on her shoulder. Serena nodded and gave her one more hug, which she returned.

"I'll miss you, dear." Grace admitted tearfully once they separated.

"Don't worry, Mom. I'll call every once in a while." Serena responded as she walked over to the front door with the Straw Hats behind her.

She had her hand on the doorknob when Grace called out, "Don't forget about our agreement!" That got a chuckle out of the Straw Hats while Serena stumbled.

"Very funny. Goodbye!" she shot back as she opened the door. Unable to hold in his excitement, Luffy instantly ran off in the general direction of Lumiose City.

"Garchomp! Garchomp! Garchomp! Garchomp..." His voice continued to echo the farther he went. Sweat dropped from the back of everybody else's heads.

"Uh...What have I gotten myself into?" Serena mumbled under her breath. Nami heard her and laughed nervously.

"Welcome to the life of a Straw Hat, Serena." she said. After saying goodbye to Rhyhorn and Fletchling, everybody took off after Luffy.

Go find your long-lost love, dear. Grace thought as she shut the door.

One hour later, Serena and the Straw Hats had caught up with Luffy and were rapidly approaching Lumiose City. However, just as they were about to reach it, they heard a roar from up in the sky.

"Huh?!" Usopp gasped as he noticed a shadow closing in on him. Before anybody could do anything, a Pokemon landed right on top of him, sending him crashing on the ground.

"Ah! Usopp!" Luffy, Nami, Sanji, and Serena shouted worriedly. Zoro looked ready to draw his swords if he needed them. However, once the dust settled and Luffy saw Garchomp towering over a terrified Usopp, he grinned excitedly.

"Zoro. Don't attack her. She is mine." he stated with a crack of the knuckles.

"...Roger, Captain." Zoro replied, easing up on the swords.

...What are you doing, Luffy?! Serena thought nervously.

"Don't eat me! I'm not tasty!" Usopp shouted, clearly terrified. Luffy then clenched his right fist.

"Gum Gum..." he started. Luffy suddenly stretched his arm far back, to Serena's shock.

He then reeled it back while shouting, "Pistol!" Garchomp was completely unprepared as the punch hit her directly in the face. She yelped in pain as she was sent flying far away from the trembling Usopp. However, Garchomp managed to land on her feet and skid to a halt before glaring at Luffy.

"..." Serena couldn't say anything as both her eyes and mouth were wide open.

Nami noticed that and patted her shoulder while saying, "Like I said, welcome to the life of a Straw Hat." As Usopp quickly got out of the way, Luffy casually walked up to Garchomp.