Chapter 12: Forming An Alliance

"...Nami, are we far enough away from the city?" Luffy asked as the group trekked through Route 5. Nami turned around and, while walking backward, narrowed her eyes in total concentration.

"...I don't even see it anymore, so I think we're safe from the Navy." she replied affirmatively. At that, everyone sighed in relief.

"...Captain, there's a clearing up ahead." Usopp stated while he pulled his goggles back up.

Luffy nodded before saying, "Then let's head over there so we can introduce our Pokemon to Uta..." Suddenly, his and Ash's stomachs started to rumble.

"...and have some lunch." they both finished simultaneously as they rubbed their bellies. Sweat fell down the back of everybody else's heads.

"I think we can use the tummy rumbling to Indicate that it's mealtime." Sanji whispered to Brock and Clemont. They both gave him a nod to show that they were thinking the same thing. Soon, the entire group reached the clearing. While Pikachu jumped down from Ash's shoulder, he grabbed all his Pokeballs and pressed on the white buttons to enlarge them.

"Everybody, come on out!" he exclaimed as he tossed them up in the air. They opened, revealing Charizard, Noctowl, Froakie, and Fletchling. They, along with Pikachu, let out their signature cries as the Lizard Pokemon shot a Flamethrower into the sky.

"...Showoff." Sanji muttered upon seeing Charizard do that. Nami gave the cook a smack on the back of the head and a look that clearly said "Shut up...unless you want another Flamethrower in the face." Uta looked a little confused there while everybody else chuckled nervously.

"...Anyway, me next." Serena stated. As Chuchu also leaped off her trainer's shoulder, she took her lone Pokeball and enlarged it.

"Fennekin, come out and say hello to our new friend!" she called out while also throwing it up. The Pokeball popped open, revealing Fennekin, who barked a hello in her native tongue alongside Chuchu. Then it was Brock's turn, and Uta had to force her mouth shut once she saw Steelix's massive size.

"...You certainly weren't kidding when you said Professor Sycamore's lab would be destroyed by this HUGE thing." she muttered to Luffy.

He let out a chuckle and murmured back, "Yeah." Clemont went up next, and those in the know had their eyes widen in surprise when he revealed a second Pokemon next to Bunnelby: Magnemite.

"Oh? Why is Magnemite here, Clemont?" Zoro asked curiously.

"Well, after Ash and Charizard had to be the ones to free MY Gym from the Navy's clutches, I figured I needed to take my training more seriously. After all, if we're going to war against an organization that has J and who knows what else in their back pockets...yeah, you get the picture. We all need to be prepared for what's to come. Dad agreed and said he'd handle getting the Gym a replacement Pokemon. Though, it wouldn't surprise me if that replacement turns out to be Ampharos. Also, there's the Battle Chateau too." Clemont explained, mumbling the last sentence to himself. Everyone had to agree with his thought process there. Then once Dedenne came out of Bonnie's bag to say hello, Luffy went next. As Shinx hopped down from his straw hat, he called out Squirtle, Pidgey, and Chimchar, who, alongside the Electric type, said their hellos to Uta.

Luffy also held the egg in the case close to him while saying in a giddy tone, "Man, I can't wait to add this little guy to the mix once it hatches."

"Wow, you already have a balanced team, Luffy." Ash admitted, clearly impressed.

"That's as good a spread of types as I've ever seen." Brock added.

"And he only has one badge to his name." Bonnie piped in.