Chapter 19: Awakening a Sleeping Giant in More Ways Than One

The next day, the group, plus Alain, Mairin, and Chespie arrived at Camphrier Town. A big castle overlooked the entire town.

Ash chuckled before saying, "So this is Camphrier Town." Serena looked up the information on her tablet.

"The town map says it's a place where you can taste the ages!" she exclaimed.

Bonnie looked confused as she asked, "What does taste the ages mean?"

"It means the town has a wealth of history with a lot of old buildings still standing." Clemont explained. Suddenly, loud snoring could be heard throughout the town, causing the group to cover their ears.

"WHOA! Who the heck snores as loud as Ash and Luffy combined?!" Usopp yelped in surprise. That earned him a slap in the back of the head from both Ash and Luffy.

"Not funny, Usopp." they uttered. While Usopp rubbed the back of his head with a nervous chuckle, Ash, the Pikachus, Brock, and Meowth turned to where the snores were coming from once they had subsided.

"That definitely sounds like Snorlax." the trio stated at the same time. Sanji immediately perked up.

"Snorlax, heh?" he mused in an intrigued tone. Zoro noticed the look on his face and smirked.

"Let's see you try and catch that huge thing. Though, I bet you won't, Twirly Brows." he declared.

A similar smirk crossed Sanji's face while he responded, "Oh yeah? Just watch me, Moss Head." Ash, Serena, and the Pikachus heard that and groaned.

Great. If Sanji catches this Snorlax and Ash brings his over, that means loads more baking for me. she brooded. Uta and Nami saw the look on Serena's face, stared at each other, and nodded.

"Serena, if you ever need a baking partner besides your Pokemon, just ask us. We're always happy to help." the musician proclaimed with her crewmate nodding. Serena actually smiled mischievously.

"You just wanna bake something for Luffy. Is that it?" she whispered into Uta's ear. She blushed a little bit while Nami sniggered.

"...Shut up." Uta muttered, clearly embarrassed. Serena giggled.

"Thanks, though." she concurred.

"No problem." Uta and Nami replied simultaneously. The group came into the town and eventually found the sleeping Pokemon laying under a tent. He was a huge, bipedal, dark blue-green mammalian Pokemon with a cream-colored face, belly, and feet. His body was composed of mostly his belly, as his limbs were comparatively small. His head was large with small, pointed ears, and two pointed teeth protruding from his lower jaw. He had round feet, which both had three claws and a circular brown paw pad, and short arms with five claws on each hand. Ash, the Pikachus, Brock, and Meowth raised an eye.

"That one is smaller than mine." the boy admitted. Serena got taken aback by that.

"REALLY?!" she yelped in total surprise.

"To be fair, Snorlax is trained and taken care of at Professor Oak's lab." Brock conceded.

"Plus, Charizard left Ash for a while and came back taller." Meowth added. Now it was Alain who looked stunned.

"Your Charizard left?!" he asked.

"Yep." Ash answered. He quickly explained about the Charicific Valley, which greatly intrigued Alain. The boy then noticed Sanji walking around to Snorlax's head.

"...Uh, Sanji?" he inquired, a bit confused alongside everybody else. Sanji didn't stop until he had thoroughly observed Snorlax. When he did, he took a puff from his cigarette.