Chapter 10

"What about these?" I asked holding up some Salvia. "They need full to partial sunlight so that'll be good with the way the sun goes down." He looked at them. He's been enjoying this, he was picking up any plant he thought his mom would've loved and I had to convince him to put a few back. "They come back yearly, so they won't need to be replanted next year." He nodded and set it on the large cart. 

"You also said something about a tree?" I nodded. "Something smaller, no towering pines." He chuckled as we strolled through the row of trees, some already standing as tall as Rooster. "Blue Jacarandas are good. They aren't huge but they grow tall enough for shade, or even a western redbud." I looked to him and he was leaning on the handle, staring at me. "What?" He came over slowly, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Which one do you like?" I hummed as I leaned my head back on his shoulder, placing my hands over his. "This is your house, hun." He kissed my head. "And it'll be yours whenever you move in." I smiled at the thought. "Who said I was moving in?" I teased. 

"I did, because when we come back, you're never leaving." I chuckled. "So pick, pretty girl. I'll buy you whatever you want." He whispered in my ear, tickling it and making me giggle. "I don't know, it's such a tough decision." He chuckled and kissed my temple. "We don't have to get one today. We can think on it." I nodded. "Yeah, I may have convinced you to spend too much money anyway." He chuckled. "You could never."

~~~

It was getting late and Rooster and I laid back in his yard, absolutely filthy, covered in dirt. "I never thought that as an adult, I would enjoy playing in the dirt." I laughed at his words. "Like I said, it's therapeutic!" He sat up and nodded, patting my thigh and leaving his hand there. "It really is." He leaned onto his side, smiling down at me. "Is this what it's going to be like?" He asked and I raised a brow. "So, domestic?" I chuckled. "I mean, we can not renew our contracts and just travel around the country in the airstream." He chuckled. "How about we renew the contracts, because I know neither of us are done yet, and we can travel around in the airstream in our off time." I laughed and nodded. "Sounds like a plan." My eyes flicked down to his lips, noticing them getting closer. 

Before I could say anything he kissed me, I could feel so many emotions behind it. Passion, intensity, love. I couldn't resist, I slid my arms around his shoulders, pulling him closer as one of his held my side as another one slid under my back. He deepened the kiss as he pulled me up to straddle his lap. His kisses moved along my cheek to my jaw, his hands shifting to grab my hips, squeezing them. I leaned my head back, giving him more access to my neck, my breathing picking up. "Oh, look at you pretty girl." He muttered against my neck, placing wet opened mouth kisses along it. The name sending shivers up my spine. His hands drifted from my waist, under my shirt and up my back. 

His hands covered my entire upper back, making me feel so small compared to him, and I loved it. A moan escaped my lips as he ground his hips into mine, allowing me to feel how hard he was. Suddenly he easily popped my bra open, unhooking all three hooks with ease. "Let's get this off you." He came back up to kiss me as he slid the bra straps off my shoulder and I yanked it out from under my shirt. "Goddamn. You're a fucking dream, honey." My face burned at the compliment. He leaned forward, holding me close to him until he gently placed me on the ground. I ran my hands up his chest, slowly pushing his shirt up until it came off, our lips separating just long enough for him to take it off. 

I felt like I was on fire, anywhere his lips were. He kissed down my neck again before gently pulling off my shirt, my nipples hardening at the cool San Diego night air. "Rooster." I moaned as he kissed along my chest, licking in a few spots. "Oh, say my name again." He muttered as he kissed between my boobs, and down to my navel. "Bradley." He moaned against my stomach as I said his name, his hands drifting lower to my waist to remove my shorts. "Fuck, baby girl. The things you do to me." I chuckled. "And what do I do to you Rooster?" I moaned out as he started sliding my shorts off.