Chapter 16

Mav took Penny up in the Mustang, leaving Rooster, Amelia and me in the hangar. "So, how did it go?" Amelia asked and my body tensed, only relaxing slightly when Rooster rested his hand on my waist. "Um, we'll be right back Amelia." She just nodded and buried her nose in her phone. I grabbed Roosters hand, leading him out towards Penny's car. "What's wrong?" He asked as I turned and leaned against Penny's Porsche. I inhaled deeply, trying to not cry while I try to tell him. "So, the hearing didn't go well." He grabbed my hands, holding them tightly in his. "Hey, whatever happened, I'm not going anywhere." I nodded. "They um, threw out everything." His eyebrows flew up, I could see his eyes widening behind his aviators. 

"Everything?" I nodded. "All of it. They said I probably tried to kill him in the car, they said I probably did something to Melissa." I took a deep breath, wiping my tears. "The judge even said my miscarriage was my fault." He pulled me into him, holding me as I broke down. "No, you listen to me. That was not your fault, that is all on him." I buried my face in his shirt, soaking it with my tears. "They denied my divorce." His body froze for a moment before his arms tightened around me. "So what now?" I leaned back from him, his hands coming up to my face and wiping my tears. "What do you mean?" He pursed his lips. "What do you want to do now? Do you want to stay here? Do you want to go back-" "No! No, I'm staying with you. I'm not going back." He nodded and kissed my forehead. "We'll get through this, honey. Me and you." I nodded as my hands came up to rest on his chest while his latched onto my waist. 

"My lawyer and I are going to try and get it moved out of state." He furrowed his brows. "To where?" I shrugged. "I'm not sure. He said it's a long and painful process but I'll do anything to get this divorce granted, at the bare minimum." He nodded as he held me for a few minutes. "So, was Dahlia good for you?" He chuckled and nodded. "She was, but she's needy." I nodded. "Very needy." He tucked some hair behind my ear. "You're so strong and I'm so proud of you Mags." My bottom lip wobbled as I pulled him into another hug. "Thank you for standing by me." He rubbed my back as he tucked his face into my neck. "I don't want to be anywhere else." He said as he leaned down to kiss me. I missed this, I miss him. Someone just kissing me because they feel like it. When I saw Aaron I was reminded of how little he truly cared and I know that if he didn't have everyone in his pocket, that I would've been divorced a long time ago and that he would be sitting in prison somewhere.

~~~

"They really denied the divorce?" Penny asked as she paced in front of the couch Rooster and I sat on. "And threw out all the other charges?" I nodded again. "Want me to make him disappear? I can make him disappear." I smiled but shook my head. "I appreciate it Mav, but they'd just arrest me. They are already sayin I tried to kill him anyway." Mav sighed, shaking his head. "I'm surprised Bobcat didn't kill him." I pursed my lips. "Well..." Maverick raised his brows at me. "You don't get to start that sentence and not finish. "It all happened pretty fast. Aaron was following us out of the courthouse and mom put me in the car as my dad stopped to talk to my lawyer. He came over, and mom moved in front of the back door, he shoved her and he opened the door. When he slipped his hand in, mom came back and closed it on his fingers." Mav's face paled slightly. "Your mom broke his finger?" I nodded. "Three actually. But I got out and had him by his collar against the car, then daddy took over." Penny raised her brows. "What did he say?" 

"Nothing." Mav hissed, knowing when my dad had nothing to say was dangerous. "He threw him to the ground and we went home." Rooster smiled at me and kissed my temple. "I'm proud of you." I smiled at him. "So, what's next?" Penny asked as she sat on the arm of the chair Maverick was in. "My lawyer and I are trying to get this taken out of state. We don't know who he's paying off, so it's better to take it out of the state completely." They nodded. "But it's a long and hard process. I don't know how long it could take but I don't care if it takes fifty years, I just can't have ties to him anymore." They nodded. "We're here, whatever you need Magnolia." I smiled at them. "You guys have no idea how much that means to me."