Chapter 24

Four a.m. I have been awake for a whole forty-five minutes, I felt like my heart was racing and I had this insane amount of energy. I rolled onto my side, looking to Bradley who was still asleep even though his alarm was slowly getting louder. I reached over him, turning it off opting to wake him myself. I ran my fingers through his hair, his hands reaching out for me. One hand wrapped around my thigh, pulling it up and hooking it over his waist as the other wrapped around my lower back, pulling me close. I placed a few kisses along his forehead and brow before he placed a kiss on my chest, telling me he was awake. "Morning, honey." He chuckled, burying his face in my bare chest. "I don't wanna get up." I chuckled at him, my free hand scratching his back. "I know, but you gotta." 

He groaned and I kissed his forehead. "I'll make you're favorite, you have time." He sighed but nodded, rolling to sit up, the muscles along his bare back shifting as he stretched. I placed my hand on his back, making him turn to me. "Why are you awake? You've gotten to where you sleep a little longer." I shrugged. "I've been awake for over forty-five minutes." He raised a brow as he stood, stretching some more. "You okay?" I wasn't sure. I've been like this before and it was usually a feeling I got right before Aaron would come home. It was a rush to get everything done. "Yeah, I'm great." I said standing from the bed, stretching myself. 

With my eyes closed I never saw him come around the bed, so he startled me when his arms wrapped around me, our bare bodies pressing flush together. "Mm, you know we have a little time." He said before his lips attached to my neck. My breathing quickened, my mind immediately going hazy at the memory of last night. "You can't do quickies, so no." He groaned, his head resting on my shoulder. I let him hold me for another minute before I gently pushed his shoulder. "Go get your shower before you have no time to eat." He huffed but did so anyway, but not before placing a searing kiss to my lips. "You could always join, ya know." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed one of his shirts from the dresser. "Get your shower." I heard him chuckle before the door clicked shut. 

As he got in the shower I rushed downstairs, pulling out everything I needed to make waffles and bacon. I was halfway done when he finally came downstairs, his flight suit tied around his waist. "Why are you already in your flight suit? You usually wear your khakis or jeans." He shrugged. "Mav wanted us to get up in the air as early as possible today, figured not having to change would save time." I nodded as he kissed the back of my head. While I enjoyed my time at home, and with Rooster, I missed flying something terrible. Being in that cockpit was where I was meant to be. Thankfully I've had many distractions to keep me busy while I've been away. "What's going through that pretty head of yours?" Rooster asked, sliding me a cup of coffee. "I miss flying." I blurted out.

He sighed, stepping behind me and wrapping his arms around me. "I know you do, and everyone misses you Mags. Hopefully Cyclone will call you soon, then you can come back and help me kick Hangman's ass in the air." I chuckled at his words, knowing the on going rivalry between Rooster and Hangman would never truly end. "I hope he does too, but for now I have plenty of work to do." His hands ran up my sides as I flipped the last pancake. "Just wait till I get home? That bedframe is solid oak and heavy, I don't want you hurting yourself." I huffed as his lips found my jaw. "Do you doubt me?" I could feel him shake his head. "No, not at all. I just don't want you to get hurt." I chuckled at him. "I've got it Rooster. But if it makes you feel any better, then I'll wait till you get home." He smirked and kissed my head. "It really does make me feel better." 

"Good, now eat." I said handing him the plate of pancakes while I grabbed the bacon. We sat together, having just a quiet breakfast, which was so nice. But the time came for him to leave and I couldn't help the pout that came over me. "I guess I'll just do nothing till you get home." He chuckled, kissing my lips. "Or, you can go to Home Depot or Lowe's when they open and buy the stain you want for the bedframe." I smiled at him. "You got any power tools? I'll need a sander." He shook his head. "None, guess you'll have to buy some." I grinned at him as he reached into his wallet. "Take my card." I shook my head. "Rooster, no." He grabbed my hand, placing his card in my palm and folding my fingers around it. "Yes. I've been saving for this renovation, so take it and use it." I groaned but took it anyway. "Fine."