Chapter 27: Let Me Warm You

∙ Nyx POV ∙

Hell.

Rapidly blinking my eyes, I groaned at the back of my throat. I couldn't sleep and hearing Madis's heartbeat through the door definitely did not make things easier. Alright, that was it. I got up, approached the door with calm steps, hesitated for a second and then walked out.

Madis had not once looked at me after what I had said and then she had decided to sleep on the carpet in the living room. Regret had gnawed on me the whole time she had been in the bathroom and when she had emerged again she had simply curled up on the ground behind Arkon and told us that she would sleep, and that we could continue drinking and talking. We did for a while until my heart nearly shattered with pain and regret and I had also decided to call it a night.

Noora and Loran then took the couches and Arkon accompanied Madis on the ground. I also should have slept out there but I couldn't stand seeing Arkon and Madis get all cosy with each other. I had no idea what would happen between the two of them...

When I stepped walked through the living I saw them. Arkon's back was turned to Madis, but his wing was touching her leg.

And there she lay, on the carpet, just a flimsy blanket wrapped around her lower body. She was shivering, teeth clattering while shaking on the ground. Obviously she was cold...

I slowly moved over to Madis, my bare feet only stopping inches from her body and I leaned down.
"Madis?" Starlight's eyes shot open and in shock she stared up at me.

"What do you want, idiot?" Madis grumbled and it really made me want to kiss her and hug her and hold her and maybe also push her off a cliff.

"You are freezing?"

"Clearly."

"I am sorry for earlier. Let me make it up. Come with me, sleep with me, you will get ill here."

Madis groaned and shook her head. "I am not sleeping with you."
"Not with me with me. Just with me. Just next to me."

She looked like deliberating and then opened her mouth but I cut her off. I quickly scooped her small figure up in my arms in one movement, her mouth falling open but I quickly covered it with my hand. "Don't want to wake the others, do we?"

Madis tried to protest, kicking and hitting me but I just held her tightly, carrying her over to the bedroom, kicking the door shut and letting her fall onto the bed. It really took every restraint in myself to hold me back from jumping right onto her—

"You really want me to punch or stab you, huh? Are you mad? Did I say yes?"

"You are so terribly violent, darling. You were shivering and shuddering this was all the answer I needed," I told her, bracing my hands on the bed next to her thighs, my knee on the edge of the bed between her legs. "But keep being feisty and violent, it turns me on immensely."

"You have such a foul mouth," Madis breathed and shook her head.

"That is all your doing, Starlight. When I am around you I just think dirty things."
I knew she tried really hard to not grin, still the corners of her mouth tipped up and she blushed.

Madis tipped her head back slightly and met my gaze, gesturing to my body still hovering over her. "What is that going to be now, princeling?" I had no idea.

My knee slid closer to her body. "You love that nickname, don't you?"

Madis grinned and lifted one hand to brush it through her hair. Just the slightest note of the sweet scent of her arousal crept into my nostrils — and hell? She was aroused?