Chapter 47: Starfall

∙ Madis POV ∙

A loud squeal erupted from me the moment my back arched of the bed. One of my hands was tangled in Nyx's silken strands of hair, the other one held tightly onto the headboard above my head. He feasted like a starving male, teasing the bundle of nerves before sliding his hand up my torso and kneading my breast.

It was too much, too much pleasure and too much bliss. I came with a cry that would have probably shook the whole house awake, hadn't Nyx been so decent to put a silencing spell over our room the previous evening. Soft kisses were placed to my very centre and I tugged on a few strands of his hair for him to finally lift his head. Trailing sloppy yet featherlight pecks up my lower belly to the valley of my breasts, Nyx finally lay down on my stomach, his chin placed on the back of his hands. And then he grinned—from one ear to the other. His gaze met mine, face glistening with...me and his eyes glowing like the stars at night. "Happy Birthday, Starlight."

My grin mirrored his, a single burning tear slowly sliding down my cheek. His thumb was quick to wipe it away and I sniffed once. "Thank you," I whispered, letting my eyes flutter shut for a brief moment. Leaning down he placed another kiss to my skin before straightening up and sitting back into his heels. "Are you ready for your presents?"

Dumbfounded, I looked at him. "Presents?"

"Yes, silly, birthday presents." He smiled and it was warm and genuine.

A moment later a rectangular present appeared in his hands and he smiled once again. "I hope you like it. I honestly had to think for a while, but I definitely wanted to do better than on Solstice."
"Are you mad? Your Solstice presents were amazing." With that I sat up, my feet still braced next to his hips. I stared at him with wide eyes. Nyx leaned forward and brushed his lips over mine. "They might have been amazing, but not perfect. Not perfect for you. Not perfect for my Madis." I grinned at that.

"My Madis." I mimicked and now also leaned forward to peck his lips. "Yes, you are mine."

Again I grinned. "And you are mine."

"That's what I am. Now open your present." He handed it to me.

I carefully traced my fingers over the wrapping, not wanting to wrinkle or destroy anything. It after all was my very first birthday present. My mental shields had probably been open and so Nyx cupped my jaw in his palm and pulled my face to his again. Instead of kissing me he pressed his forehead against mine and inhaled deeply. "But it sure as hell won't be your last birthday present."

I squeezed my eyes shut at the sudden wetness rushing into them and after a short moment we both leaned back. I carefully and ever so softly started to unwrap the present. I managed to not destroy or wrinkle the paper and then folded it neatly to place it onto the bed. Nyx chuckled lowly his gaze following my fingers, but let me continue with my doing. His hand now rested on my thigh, his thumb stroking idly over my skin. When the wrapping was gone my eyes immediately landed on the small notebook with the velvety binding. It was gorgeous—simple yet utterly beautiful.
"A sketchbook for your designs of clothing. You can draw outlines and...stuff into it," Nyx whispered and another tear made its way down my cheek. "I have no words. Thank you so much."

"We are not done yet!" Nyx quickly protested before I could fling my arms around him. I gaped once again and a huge —a ginormous— present landed on the bed.

"That—no way. You cannot gift me so many things."
"Gods, Madis I would offer you the moon if I could. Now at least let me give you those small presents to you." Small?

"Small? Are you mad? If this is small then I have no idea what you consider a big present!?" I expressed, spreading my arms and staring at him with big eyes. He only grinned, then winked and handed me the present.