Chapter 36: Solstice Eve

∙ Madis POV ∙

"Happy Solstice, once again I can only thank everyone for being here. It still makes me more than happy to be able to spend this day with you all and now also of course with you, Madis. I hope you have an amazing first Solstice!" Rhysand declared and I blinked away my tears.

My very first Solstice....with all these amazing people here. "I think I will never be able to thank you enough for letting me be here," I hummed, grinning from ear to ear. Catrin wrapped her arms around my middle and grinned up at me.

"Alright, dinner is ready, please all take your seats!" Elain, Feyre's older sister, announced, beaming at us.

Her daughter giggled in delight, following her father into the room. Dalia looked exactly like him, bright red hair and auburn eyes. Andras, as Nyx had introduced, followed in tow, his hand holding his mate's tightly.

"It is such a pleasure to meet you. I am Dalia," the female, Nyx's cousin, introduced herself. I shook her hand, smiling brightly. "And that is my mate, Andras. He is High Lord Tamlin's son." I shook his hand as well when he bowed his head.

"I already heard quite a lot of you. The female who stole Archeron's heart." He wiggled his brows and grinned. My cheeks flushed and I had to snigger.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you," I told them. Before we could continue with our small talk we were shooed to the table to finally take a seat.

Elain and Lucien, High Lord and Lady of the Day Court introduced themselves and I concluded that they were a family full of sunshine. The dinner table was huge and filled with all sorts of dishes. Happy chatter and laughter filled the room and I had had no idea if I could have been any happier. Well, maybe...if Aesa and Geavin would have been there as well...

I also finally got to know Amren's lover—Varian. He was from the Summer Court apperently. "Best greetings and a happy Solstice from Tarquin, Masa and of course Breea."

Noora grinned at him, colour blooming high on her cheeks and she thanked him before anyone else could.

I took my seat and Nyx quickly placed a kiss against my temple before letting himself fall into the seat next to me.

"I smells absolutely delicious," I hummed taking in all the food. My mouth watered and my eyes went wide.

"Oh, thank you so much, dear. I hope it does not only smell nice but also taste delicious."

"As if there would ever be a meal of yours that we would not enjoy," Lucien chuckled, beaming at his mate. She flushed bright red, quickly squeezing his shoulder. Gods, they were adorable. "Right, as if mother would ever make a bad meal," their daughter expressed and both parents looked at her in utter admiration.

Even though Andras had seemed a bit uneasy, sitting here amongst us, he seemed to feel more and more comfortable with every passing minute. We continued our small talk and he told me that him and Dalia would celebrate Winter Solstice again tomorrow in the Spring Court with his sister and his parents. I was impressed to say the least, listening cautiously to what the two of them told me. From the conversation I also gathered that he would one day be the High Lord of the Spring Court. I got along with Dalia incredibly well, she was funny and really nice and seemingly perfect for Andras. They made a beautiful couple and one could see how much they loved each other.

"It's snowing!" Eve suddenly exclaimed and all of the children, including me, quickly spun around, staring outside. Huge flakes of snow slowly drifted down from the sky, covering the landscape in a thick layer of frozen white.

"Wow," Balthazar breathed, even climbing onto his chair to get a better look outside. None of us could pull our eyes away from the window. From Velaris at night, the fairy lights glowing and the snow flakes lazily drifting through the air.