Chapter 51: The Blood Rite

Nyx POV

"You fucking bloody bastard!" My fists collided with Lord Kator's jaw once again. Blood spluttered from his mouth and he tried to get me off of him. When I lifted my arm again, some one caught it. And I was pulled back against someone's chest.
"Calm down, Nyx!" Azriel.

A second later Lord Kator was placed on his feet and pushed against the wall by Cassian. Azriel held me back by my arms and then the door opened. My father came in. Gone was the weakness. He was all power and violence.

"Why is Lady Madis part of the Blood Rite?" he demanded. Lord Kator had confirmed it. The Blood Rite had started at midnight and Madis was part of it. And there was absolutely nothing I could do. Nothing I could help her with.

"Well, if she has such a big mouth to speak to me like that she will also have enough strength to survive!" Lord Kator snarled and my father shot him a glare. Asshole.

"You fucker put my girl, my mate into this. You get her out. Now!" I tried to lung myself forward but uncle Az held me back.

Cassian pinned the war lord with a look. "How did you know she passed the course?"

"We heard it through the grapevine" Lord Kator said and I narrowed my eyes on him. "What the hell does that mean?" Azriel growled, his face laced in lethal violence.

"Word passes quickly. Apperently the High Lord's daughter has told it to her friends, her friends to their friends and someone to us." Shit. Eve. I knew she would have never done it on purpose, but if she only had it told to Naill and he to his father...

I closed my eyes, slumping back against Azriel.

My father met my gaze. She would have never done it on purpose.

I know, I don't blame her.

My father dipped his chin.

"You have to get her out," I whispered, leaving Azriel's hold and heading for a chair.

My father walked over to me. He clasped my shoulder tightly in his hand.

IT was Cassian who said, "There is no way to get her out. That are the rules. You know them Nyx. You know what happens when you get her out." He let go of Lord Kator and motioned to Azriel and the war lord that they should leave the room.

When the door fell shut, my father surrounded the chair and crouched down in front of me. His bones cracked and he winced.

"I cannot lose her. Father, I cannot lose her...not again. I nearly lost her once. What if she is not coming back?" I said, my voice quavering. I felt my lip tremble and before I knew it my father straightened up, pulled me with him and hugged me to his chest. He pulled me close to me, wrapping both arms around my shoulders to keep me from shaking.

"I am so sorry you have to go through this," he said, his hand moving to the back of my neck. "But don't say that. She conquered death once, she will do it again. She will come back," he assured. The trembling of his voice did not go unnoticed by me. A sob left me and I shook.

"It is my fault. Only my fault. I decided to stay over night here and then I told her that we are mates. And she did not say it back...I am such an idiot. I told here that we are mates I knew that she was not sleeping. I heard her thoughts. And before she could answer—" My voice broke and I sobbed again, my father clutching me tightly. "They stormed the house and took her with them. They just ripped her away from me and I could do nothing. She is my mate and I could not protect her. I failed. I failed at the one thing that mattered most to me."

"Nyx, don't. You did not fail. They would have taken her either way. Even if they hadn't knocked you out they would have done everything to take her."
"She is just in a nightgown. She is not even wearing shoes."