Everything Goes Away (Yeah Everything Goes Away)

Summary:

Finney gets a job, Griffin's kidnapping date passes, and Robin's acting off.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

Finney woke up to gentle shaking, and someone softly whispering his name.

"Finn, come on." Robin whispered delicately. Finney's eyes slowly fluttered open, and he was met with the face of his best friend hovering extremely close to his face.

"Hey." Finney sleepily mumbled, and he heard a soft giggle, it sounded far off, but right now everything seemed far off.

"Hey, yourself." Robin gently, pulled Finney up by his wrist, and the cold air hit Finney's bare arms, it took him a second to take in his surroundings, but he realised he was in his very on driveway, and Robin was still pulling him along by his wrist towards the front door.

Finney went to quietly unlock the door, and expected Robin to walk back to the car, bit he turned to face Finney, Robin's eyes looked Finney up and down, and the grip around his wrist became tighter. It seemed like Robin was scared to let go, and Finney for the life of him couldn't figure out why.

"Robin." Finney said, and it snapped Robin's attention immediately, his eyes went from dancing over Finney's figure to meet Finney's eye's.

"Yeah, Finn?" Finney smiled softly at the other boy's response.

"I need my hand back." Robin looked down, at his own hand which he seemingly forgot was holding onto Finney's wrist, and hastily pulled it away while muttering out apologies. Finney's smile grew wider at the sight of the flustered boy in front of him.

"It's okay, I'll see you around." Finney told him, as he opened the door.

"Goodnight, Finn." Robin waved him off and went back towards the car, Finney stepped through the doorway, but before he did, he swore he heard giggling, and the sound of Robin telling the offenders to shut up. He shut the door with a smile plastered across his face. Silence greeted him when he entered, but he was used to it.

Finney's father did not like being in the house most days, and neither did Gwen.

So that meant that Finney had come home to absolute silence on most days. The atmosphere had certainly changed from when he had been outside with Robin, but Finney choose to ignore it. He glanced at the clock in the hallway, and saw that it was quarter to eleven. He had his interview tomorrow at eight. Right. Finney was determined to get the job, not just because of the money, but this was his chance to get closer to Bruce, without somewhat stalking him.

He needed nice clothes, and he was determined to get there before eight. Smith's Street Cafe, which probably had a proper name, but everyone just called it the cafe, because it was the only one in town. It was also a twenty minute walk, it was two streets down from the grocery store, which he had ran into Vance and his mother.

The though of Vance, brought Finney to a halt. Vance was kidnaped on the sixteenth of October, and it was currently the eighteenth of September. He had just less then a month, to find a way to stop Vance's kidnapping. Finney took a deep breath, he could focus on Vance, once he got past Griffin's kidnapping.

Griffin had been kidnapped this Wednesday, but they had a study session planned at Robin's for that day. So Finney was fairly confident he had that one in the bag. He shook his head, he was going to focus on one thing at a time. So for now he would focus on his interview tomorrow. He walked to his room, and opened the closet door. He luckily found what he was looking for straight away, a plain white button up, and black jeans, along with some plain black sneakers.