You Have So Much To Do (And I Have Nothing Ahead Of Me)

Summary:

Finney gets some things off his chest.

Notes:

Trigger Warning: Implied sexual assault (does not actually happen, but the subject is alluded to) Finney's father is directly mentioned to be drinking and the topic of suicide is alluded to.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Finney felt a hand on his leg.

He couldn't bring himself to open his eyes though, they felt heavy. Almost to heavy. He couldn't move. His brain began to rationalise, there couldn't actually be a hand on his leg. After all it was just him in the house so obviously there wasn't someone in his room, let alone someone touching his leg. He shifted slightly and the weight on top of his thigh disappeared, it was nothing.

He heard rustling and figured it was just the blanket settling. Finney could feel himself letting himself go and before he did mentally reassures himself that there was no one in his room. A slight breeze brushed across his face, he pulled the blanket further up his face and went back to sleep.

When he woke up properly he rubbed his eyes and immediately noted that the window was open. Finney shuffled across the room and shut it, it made a soft click. Finney made a mental note to make sure it was shut before he went to bed tonight. He opened his closet and pulled out a pair of jeans, the hangers made a clicking sound as they knocked together most of the hangers were empty. Finney had about five shirts, and three pairs of pants. So it should of been pretty easy for him to find the shirt he was looking for, however it was nowhere to be seen.

Finney shrugged it off and pulled out a different shirt.

He got dressed, did his hair, brushed his teeth, packed his bag, and walked out the door. This time he checked the door was locked before he left.

It was Wednesday morning, November seventeenth. Ten days since Bruce was meant to be kidnapped, fourteen days until Robin was meant to be kidnapped and seventeen days until Finney's own kidnapping.

Robin was kidnapped on a Wednesday afternoon, he'd gone to the grocery store to grab snacks for a study session he and Finney were going to have. That's when The Grabber got him. That's when Finney lost him and any chance of ever telling Robin how he felt. But Finney was going to tell him.

He just had to figure out how.

Would it be best just to come out and say it? Or should he try and drop some more hints? Would Robin reject him harshly? Or would the boy pretend like Finney hadn't said anything. Maybe he would accept?

That was a crazy thought.

But god Finney hoped it would. It wasn't going to but he couldn't help the little spark that was in his heart. The cold morning air hit his wrists he pulled the sleeves of his jacket down. He walked past the school parking lot, Vance had just pulled in. Finney stopped walking and waited on the footpath, Vance shut the door of his car quite harshly and he heard the sound of locks clicking into place. The taller boy approached Finney and nodded in acknowledgement, Finney waved at him.

They walked into school together and Finney didn't say anything about the hand Vance had placed on his back. Billy and Griffin were waiting by the school gates, once they caught sight of the two they threw themselves at Finney. Vance grumbled about how they were clingy, but his hand was yet to leave Finney's back.

He leaned into the hold of his friends.

Robin came along shortly after that and he threw an arm around Finney's shoulders.