Did You Get Enough Love (My Little Dove)

Summary:

Healing takes time, but that's okay.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The world slowly came back to Finney.

When he first opened his eyes, everything was blurry. But after blinking a few times everything became clear.

He was in a hospital room.

Finney sat up and glanced around the room, it was almost entirely white with the exception of a dark blue curtain that was covering the window, which meant Finney could not tell what the time was. He hesitantly sat up, the blanket that had been dropped over him fell into his lap. Finney paused any movement and tried to to recall everything.

He had gotten into the van with The Grabber, they had passed Billy and Griffin, they had been approaching the intersection and then.

Finney had killed him.

Finney took a deep breath. He had killed someone. Although The Grabber was a down right horrific monster, he had still been a person, a person that Finney had killed. He took another deep breath and tried to recall everything that came after. Something had hit the van, Finney was flung into the back of the van, somehow the back doors opened and he was pulled out by Bruce.

Bruce had pulled him out of the van. Finney glanced around the room again, almost expecting to see the boy somewhere in the room. However just like when he first woke up the room was empty. Finney swallowed around his dry throat and went back to building the timeline in his head.

After Bruce pulled him out of the van, it's a bit of a blur. He could remember seeing the others at some point after he was pulled out, if he really focused he could see flashes of the others. But the clearest thing he remembered was everyone telling him he had to stay awake.

Guess he'd done a great job at that.

Finney lifted the blanket and swung his legs off the bed. His feet made contact with the cold floor, but Finney found he did not mind. He was also grateful that he found himself able to stand with no issues. Hesitantly he took a step, and was surprised to find that he could seemingly walk with no issues.

He didn't know exactly where he was going but he was going to get somewhere.

Any plans of going anywhere where cut off by the door opening.

"You're up!" Lola Arellano exclaimed, flinging the door open. Finney stood still as Lola hurriedly approached him, she grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him into a tight embrace. Finney let himself melt into the embrace.

"You gave us all a good scare cariño." She mumbled and pulled him closer.

"Let's sit you back down, the doctor will come by in a few minutes." Lola pulled Finney back towards the bed and sat down with him. She began rubbing circles into his back.

"What happened?" Finney asked trying to fill in the missing pieces of the timeline, he could feel Lola pause her hand.

"What do you remember?" She asked, no longer rubbing circles into his back, but still keeping her hand firmly pressed against him.

"I was in a van, with a man." Finney started with, and he saw Lola give a hesitant nod.

"We were driving somewhere, and then I-" He looked down at his wrists, and he could very vaguely hear the sound of snapping playing in the back of his head and he swallowed harshly, his shoulders hunched over slightly.