I'll Believe It All (I Won't Let Go Of Your Hand)

Summary:

I love you, and what comes with it.

Notes:

Trigger Warning: Implied child abuse and mentions of sexual assault. (It's only alluded to) and a direct mention to Finney's mothers suicide.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Finney Blake met Robin Arellano on a cold Thursday afternoon.

It was the eighth grade. He had heard whispers about the new kid, he had seen glimpses of him in the hallways and classes. He had also seen the blood by the front gates from the apparent fight that the new kid and Moose had gotten into. Anyone who could beat Moose in a fight had to be scary, and possibly quite mean so Finney figured he should keep his head down and try not to bother the new boy.

However the universe had other plans.

There was a far away corner out of sight from everyone in the playground. Finney would sit at this corner every lunch time, would quietly read a book and hope that he would be left alone. He had expected his usual spot to be empty, however this was not the case. In Finney's usual spot was a boy. A boy with long black hair and bloody knuckles.

The boy had not taken any notice of Finney, he was to busy trying to rub the blood off his knuckles with a tissue. He was grumbling under his breath as the tissue fell apart. Finney sat at the wall opposite and hoped that the boy was to absorbed with his bloody knuckles to taken notice of him.

He pulled his book out, flipped through the pages until he found the right one.

"When did you get here?"

Finney lifted his head up from the book, his gaze was immediately met by the other boys. He sat as still as he could, he feared if he made any sudden movements the boy would pummel him into the ground like Max had done earlier in the week. The boy was looking at him intently, his eyes darted up and down taking in the entirety of Finney Blake.

The boy scoffed slightly, he leaned back up against the wall his gaze landed back to his bleeding knuckles and the now unusable tissue. The boy was glaring intently at the blood staining his hands. Before Finney even knew what he was doing his hand, he had pulled out the small bag of bandages and disinfectant that he carried around.

He had it for when he and Gwen would stumble over, or for the days the man would get really mad. He shifted so he was sitting right in front of the boy.

"I can fix them for you." He gestured towards the boy's knuckles, which clenched slightly. Finney pulled the bandages and disinfectant out of the bag. The boy glanced towards him again, looked him up and down assessing if Finney was being genuine or not. The boy must of determined that he was being genuine, as he placed his bloody hands in front of him.

"Alright, fix'em up doc." Finney got straight to work on cleaning the boy's hands. He silently went about it, the boy's intense gaze remained on him. He gently ran the disinfectant over the others wounds, he noticed the boy flinch slightly.

"Sorry." He muttered out, the boy shook his head.

"No, don't be sorry." The boy shifted slightly so that he was closer to Finney.

"I'm Robin. Robin Arellano." The boy said, well Robin said.

"Robin, that's a nice name." Finney began wrapping bandages around the boy's hands.