Falling Doesn't Feel So Bad (When I Know You've Fallen This Way Too)

Summary:

The boys bond, a baseball game happens, and somewhere along the way Finney prevents Vance's kidnapping.

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

It was raining on Sunday.

The Sunday after Finney had dinner at the Yamada house, it was raining. But Finney didn't mind, he liked the rain it was soothing. Which is why he wasn't to bothered by the fact that he had to walk in the rain. The water ran down his skin, leaving him with a slight chill, that he was ignoring.

Although he liked the rain, he felt some relief when he stepped into the cafe that was obviously a lot warmer from the outside, before he entered he shook himself off a bit, and was happy at the very least he wasn't dripping with water, after all he wouldn't want to make a mess of the cafe. The cafe was empty, with the exception of Bruce who was by the counter with his back turned, and Vance who was presumably in the kitchen by the sounds of pots and trays clattering.

"Good Morning." Finney walked up to the counter and Bruce turned around.

"Mornin-" he took in the smaller boys appearance "Oh my god! You're soaked!" Finney began to reply,

"Sorry, I-" But was cut off by Bruce grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him through the kitchen door, he was placed in front of the stove, where the flame was going. Bruce grabbed his shoulders,

"Stay here, I'll be back in a second." Finney hadn't even replied, before Bruce was racing out of the kitchen, shouting to Vance he'd be back soon.

Vance came around from the corner, and took in the sight of Finney, who despite his best efforts to shake off the water outside, most likely look liked he'd fallen into the sea, and just come back up for air.

Vance shook his head at the sight of Finney, "Really Blake? Rain jackets and umbrellas exist you know." Finney looked at the ground and mumbled out a reply, that he himself couldn't even hear, and Vance took a step towards him.

"What was that?" Vance asked, as he came closer to Finney, and began to pull down some of the pots from the shelf above Finney, he tried to reply, but his voice was still to quiet for Vance to hear.

"Speak up Finney." Vance snapped, clearly getting fed up. Finney was to scared to make Vance mad so he spoke clearly this time.

"I don't have one." Vance cocked his head, and looked like he was about to say something, but Finney figured he should clarify.

"A rain jacket or an umbrella, I don't have one." Finney looked at Vance, who had a look in his eyes that Finney couldn't quite place, and Vance opened his mouth and started to speak, but Finney couldn't even hear the words over the sound of the door busting open.

"Ok, I'm back!" Bruce was panting a little bit, and his cheeks were flushed in spite of the cold weather, and he hand something bundled in his arms, he made his way over to Finney and Vance, while trying to control his breathing.

"Ok, so I got a towel, and a shirt, so you can go dry off and change in the bathroom." He hurriedly explained as he shoved, the two pieces of fabric into Finney's arms, and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

"Thank You." Bruce smiled at him, and Finney pulled the fabric closer to his chest, and went to the bathroom. The chill hit his torso when he removed his shirt, and he hurriedly dried himself off with the fluffy towel, and he pulled the shirt over his arms and he noticed immediately that it was big on him, the sleeves pulled around his arms, and in length it reached the middle of his thighs.