When My Time Comes Around (Lay Me Gently In The Cold Dark Earth)

Summary:

Sunday afternoon movie watching.

Notes:

Trigger Warning: Finney's father is directly mentioned to drink, and the topic of suicide is mentioned, and Finney's father yells at him.

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Finney stared at the empty bottles around the house.

The man, while he was out in the city had gone on another binge and Finney was here standing amongst the aftermath.

The man was in the chair in the living room, his eyes unmoving from the tv in front of him, refusing to look back at what he had created wether this be the empty bottles or Finney was undecided. But he most likely did not want to see Finney, he never wanted to see Finney anyway. Finney silently walked down the hallway, and shut the door to his room as he quietly possibly could.

He'd clean the house when the man was gone, after all the bottles would make noise when he picked them up, which meant the man would pick up even more bottles, and would leave even more empty ones around the house.

Alone in his room, Finney found it quite funny how his feelings could change so quickly. Just a moment ago, he felt weightless he was holding Robin's hand he had just been out with his friends, Finney had friends to go out with, he and Billy had fun looking at things in stores. Finney Blake had been happy, he'd been so happy that he walked into the house smiling but it had been immediately wiped off his face when he had seen the reality of it.

He took off his shoes and placed them by the door, and as quietly as he could laid down on his bed.

The ceiling was white, plain white and Finney stared up at it thinking of the day he had. The sleeves of his new jacket pooled around his hands it was slightly to big for him, but that's alright it just meant that there was more room for Finney to grow into it. He flicked his fingers on the hand, the hand that Robin had been holding earlier and he felt the smile slowly returning to his face. The man was not here to see it, so it was alright.

For a moment, Finney let his mind wander to the possibility that he and Robin could do more then holding hands. He thought of their faces close together, their noses brushing against each other and he would feel Robin pulling him down with the arms wrapped around his shoulders and their lips would get dangerously close. So close that neither of them would be able to pull away if they touched.

He thought of his hands in Robin's hair, as the boy kept pulling Finney closer to him and then for a moment it would only be them. Nothing else in the world could matter, all that mattered was the two of them had each other, and they would not be letting go of each other.

Finney put a stop to the thoughts after that.

He shut his eyes, and felt himself letting go of his consciousness. Before he fully drifted off, he felt the weight of his new necklace against his chest, Billy had said he was angel.

Yeah, right.

I'm no angel.

______________________________________

There were more bottles around the house when Finney woke up.

The man was gone, and Finney began cleaning. By the time he was done, there were two full bags of bottles. He placed them in the recycling bin, somewhere along the way he had cut his hand on a broken bottle. He quickly cleaned his hand and bandaged it. Once he wiped the blood off the floor, he silently got ready for school and locked the door behind him when he left.