Surprise Me - Jeno

-Are you ready, Daniel? - You ask your boyfriend who is fixing his hair in front of the mirror. 

-Yes. Let's go. - He says as you two get out of the house. 

-Do you know where we can go today? - You ask him. 

-Anywhere you want to. - He answers. 

           You roll your eyes not looking at him. You are dating this guy for 3 years now, but you don't know how long it can last until you give up. At first, you didn't mind taking care of everything and being the bold one in the relationship, but, lately, you are feeling like you can't do it anymore.
          Since from the start, you always made the first move. You knew from the beginning that he was interested in you and wait for him to call you to go out, but it didn't happen. You even wondered if he was really into you, until you decided to make a move and called him for a date. After that, you were the one to ask him to be your boyfriend and you gave him the first kiss. You got that he was shy and, as you are bold, you took care of initiating things, but now, you are just tired of it. Whenever you call him to go out, he never surprises you with anything and you always are the one to decide where you should go. 

-So, what movie do you want to watch? - You ask him excited to buy the popcorn and watch the movie. 

-Whatever you want to. Just choose it and we will see that. - He says. You nod and look again at the big screen. You talked to your best friend about that and she said he is just trying to please you and let you choose what you like more, but... for some reason, it upsets you. 

          You take the tickets and get in the room. After one hour and a half, you two get out of there and walk to the food court on the shopping mall. 

-I'll get some ice cream. - You say and he nods, sitting on a table. 

          You go there and waits for the ice cream to be ready. Meanwhile, another boy approaches you. 

-Hi, sweetie. I've never seen you around here. Do you want to walk around and have fun? - He asks checking you out. 

-Uhm... No. I'm with my boyfriend. - You say and point at him. Your boyfriend glances to where you are, curious about what is happening.

-Him? Oh, I see. I think you would have more fun with me, come on. - He says and holds your arm. 

-Uhm, No. Thank you. You can go now. - You say looking serious at him. 

-Okay, okay. No problem, princess. - He says winking at you and walking away. You sigh heavily and look at your boyfriend who was looking at his cellphone again. You take your ice cream and go to the table. 

-Did you see that? That guy just approached me and called me to go with him even though I said no. - You say staring at him. 

-Yes, I saw that. - He says putting his cellphone on the table. 

-And why did you not do anything? - You ask a little angry. 

-I saw he went away and you were not in danger, so I stayed here. - He says. You scoff. 

-He held my arm and said I would have more fun with him than with you. Will you not do anything? - You ask. 

-What do you want me to do? Fight with him? He is not even here anymore. It's ok. You are fine. - He says taking your hand in his. You move it away and start to eat your ice cream. - What do you want to do now? - He asks looking around. You are so angry and you don't even know why. He is right. Should he punch the guy in the middle of the mall? It doesn't seem right. But at the same time, you wanted him to protect you and do something at least for a second.