Treat You Better - Jungwoo

-Come on, Y/n. We are late already because you took too long getting ready. - You hear from afar from your ''so kind'' boyfriend who is almost at the door while you try to get out of the car with your high heels.

-Stop complaining with me, Rony. You told me about this party an hour ago. You know I have my time to get ready. - You say, rushing your steps to follow him.

You get in the house, being greeted by many friends of your boyfriend. He is that kind of person who loves being surrounded by people and to get their attention. You knew a great part of them, but since it's a birthday, you already expected new faces in the area.

Building a smile on your face, you bring back the charismatic personality you always have between people, even if that is not exactly what you are feeling in the moment. The truth is that you hate those events. Not specifically parties, but his parties, because you know too well how Rony acts when he is with his friends. But what can you do? He is your boyfriend, so you would not let him come alone.

While fake laugh sounds leave your mouth, another pair of gazes investigate your figure. Jungwoo was not too close to the host, but even so, he decided to come today. His eyes spot you and another guy getting in, and you called his attention right away. You are very attractive. Attractive enough to bring a smirk to his lips and to immediately make him glance at Rony, knowing he is probably your boyfriend.

Jungwoo sighs, turning the cup over, taking another sip of his beer. Of course a girl like you would have a guy, and to be honest, he was not in the mood to create a scene for having flirted with the wrong girl in a party he hadn't even been directly invited for. But... somehow... it looked weird. You seemed kind of lost in the middle of all that people. Your ''apparently'' boyfriend looked like a completely strange. If you hadn't got in together, Jungwoo wouldn't ever think you were together.

You look around, searching for Rony. He was already at the other side of the room, talking loudly with his other friends. Jungwoo frowns, observing that and not being able to hold back a scoff, wondering how a guy like him could treat a girl like you like that.

-Rony, I brought a card deck. Wanna play a bit like we used to? - His friend says and Rony smirks.

-Sure. You always get humiliated by me though. You remember that, right? - Rony says, sitting down in front of the table, snitching the card deck from his friend's hand. Jungwoo takes the opportunity and sit with them too, beside you.

-You wish. Do you wanna play, Y/n? - His friend asks, and you smile. Finally, you have a chance of socializing too.

-No, let her out. - Rony says, distributing the cards for the others. You frown, staring at him. - Y/n is not good with this kind of game.

-What do you mean? I like card games. - You say in a low tone, and he sighs.

-You don't know how to play this one. It's a game my friends and I created together. - He says, and you shrug.

-You can teach me. – You say, and he looks at your eyes for the first time since you got there, slightly glaring at you.

-Do you want everybody to wait for me to explain it to you? Can't you just sit there and watch? – His words made you drown in embarrassment. Looking around, you laugh it off, staying silence in your chair.

The boys start to play as your mind starts to think if you should really stay there or just go to somewhere else.

-That was kinda mean of him. – You look at your side, seeing a boy whispering at you.

-Uhm... Yeah, it can look a little mean, but it's just the way he is. He doesn't do that on purpose. – You say and Jungwoo arches an eyebrow.

-Even so, it's not nice to talk to his girlfriend like that. You seem to be pretty smart to play a game like that. He should have taught you. – Jungwoo says and you glance at him, letting out a chuckle.

-And how do you know if I'm smart? You don't know me. – You say, and he reaches out his hand.

-I'm Jungwoo. Nice to meet you. – He jokes and you chuckle, shaking his hand. - Now I know you. And I also know that he is way out of your league. - He says and you arch an eyebrow with a smirking face. - I'm serious. Why are you with this guy to begin with? You deserve much better. A guy who knows how smart and beautiful you are. - His lips curve in a wide smile as his eyes wink at you. He is surely too bold, but somehow, he stole a laugh from you.

-Thank you, Jungwoo, but my boyfriend already knows all that. - You say, sipping your drink. Jungwoo shrugs, also taking his drink on the table.

You look at your boyfriend, worried if he might have listened to your conversation, but he continues to play the game as if you were invisible. Snugging closer to him, you hug his arm, intertwining your fingers with his.

-Do you wanna dance with me when the game ends? - You ask, but his eyes keep focused on the cards.

-I'm playing now. I need focus to think. - He says, letting go of your hand.

-I know, but you won't play all night long, right? We could have some fun later. - You say, and he clicks his tongue.

-What's your problem? Do you not have any friend to dance with you? I hate when you get clingy. It's so annoying. - He says, and you frown, feeling his words hurting you. Jungwoo glances at you, like everybody else in the table.

-That's kinda jerk of you speaking like that to her. - Jungwoo says, and the others stay silent, shocked by the sudden tension coming up.

-Take care of your own business. - Rony says and looks to you. - Were you flirting with him? Are you that needy for attention? - He says and you feel your blood boiling as your eyes get watery.

-She was not flirting with me. It's just obvious that you are an idiot. - Jungwoo says, and Rony laughs out loud.

-Perfect. Of course you had to make all this scene, Y/n. I don't even know why I called you to come with me. Everything always has to be about you. When I was with Erica, it never happened. - You widen your eyes at what Rony said. That was your last straw.

-Screw you. - You stand up and leave the room, letting Rony there.

You had never been so humiliated in your whole life. Rony was never so kind and affectionate, but today he crossed the line. Tears flows out of your eyes as you go outside to take some fresh air. How could he say that to you? He compared you to his ex, as if you were committing a crime for treating him well.

You hear the door opening and closing again. You look back, seeing Jungwoo coming out too. Wiping off the tears, you deviate your gaze from his, feeling too ashamed.

-No, don't cry for that jerk. Come on. - Jungwoo says and you sigh.

-Yeah, I'm crying for that jerk. I thought if I came with him to these stupid parties, he would treat me better. But I'm just looking like a fool. - You say, shaking your head, turning around to look at him. - Maybe he is right, and I'm just annoying and too desperate for attention anyway. - You laugh ironically, biting your bottom lip to prevent more tears from falling.

Jungwoo walks towards you in silence, just to pull you by the waist, and crash your lips on his. You widen your eyes, being got by surprise by him. His lips try to move against yours, but you hesitate, taking your hands to his arms, slightly pushing him away. His face brushes on yours, pulling you back, and you see your strength giving up to the adrenaline inside your chest.

Your body lets him get you closer as your eyes start to close. Goosebumps climb up your stomach with that sentiment you had not felt for so long. The feeling of being really wanted by someone.

Your mouth slowly opens, deepening the kiss that Jungwoo started. His hands hold you in a tight grip, leaving no other choice to your mind other than comparing him to your boyfriend. Why does Jungwoo feel so much more intense than someone who was supposed to love you? In that moment, it sadly became clear what you were afraid to admit: Rony, actually, was feeding you with just crumbs, and you were there all the time, crawling after him like a stray dog who hadn't no one else.

Your hands go up to his face, caressing his skin and hair, kissing him slower and slower. That's exactly the attention you wanted, and Jungwoo is giving it very well. You pull away, looking at his rounded brown eyes. Suddenly, you don't even remember who is Rony.

-Let me treat you better.