When You Don't Feel Pretty - Johnny

Today you are going to hang out with your friend Johnny. You two met through a group of friends and you grew close to him after some conversations. Johnny is a nice and respectful guy who you like to be around. He is funny and out-going and he likes to go to places you also like to go. As the time went by, he started to be a support for you. He got to know you so well that he can tell right away when you are not feeling good, and when it happens, he is always there to listen to everything.

          After trying the third skirt and the second shirt, you feel a little off. Nothing seems to be pretty. 

-Maybe it's just another of those days when you are not feeling it. It's just in my head, but it must be good. - You say to yourself in an attempt of cheering up. You hear your cellphone ringing and take it to check the messages. 

-Hey. I will get there in 10. See ya. - Johnny says and you sigh. Your make up helped a bit, but you are not so confident like you usually are. You shrug and take you purse to wait for Johnny outside. 

          Like he said, he gets there in 10 minutes. He stops the car and unlocks the door for you to get in. 

-Hey! - He says with a grin on his face. 

-Hii! - You say smiling and sitting on the seat. As you don't want to ruin the night, you decide to just let it aside and enjoy the time with Johnny. - So, where are we going today? - You ask excited. 

-Uhm... I wanted to go on this restaurant for quite a while. Let's try it and if you don't like we can go somewhere else. - He says looking at you before starting to drive. 

-Okay! Let's try then. - You say and he nods. You and Johnny have gone to sorts of places together. He likes to surf, so you already went to the beach (even though you just watched him from there), you went camping with your other friends, and now you are trying another restaurant. Johnny makes you feel comfortable in a way that you forget all your problems. 

          Getting there, Johnny parks the car and your eyes shine. The place is beautiful. Tons of lights hang on the walls making the place look romantic. The tables are covered with red silk tablecloths and above them there are candles. Besides that, the waiters are all dressed with tuxedos. You look around completely enchanted by everything. Johnny glances at you and chuckles, seeing how impressed you are. 

-Wow... - You say. - Johnny... this is... 

-Too much? - He asks chuckling. 

-No, no. I love it. But... isn't it too expensive? - You ask looking at him, a little worried. 

-Nah. Don't worry about that. I got a bonus on my work and I want to enjoy a bit. It's all on me. - He says and you laugh. He looks at you a little confused. - What? - He asks smiling. 

-You got a bonus and you want to spend it with me? - You ask and he chuckles. 

-So what? I don't have anyone else to come with me. - He says and you hit him playfully on the arm. 

-I don't know if I should feel glad or not to hear that. - You say laughing, making Johnny laugh too. - We are gonna look like a couple though. - You say walking to the entrance. Johnny shrugs. 

-I don't mind that. Let them think whatever they want. - He says and winks at you. You smile and follow him. 

          Entering the restaurant, the waiter chooses a table for you too. You never thought you would go to a fancy and romantic place today. You look at your clothes, thinking if you are really dressed according to the etiquette. Johnny looks at you, noticing something strange. 

-Is everything alright? - He asks and you look back at him. 

-Oh, yes. I was just thinking if I am well dressed for a place like this. - You say looking at the other women. Johnny chuckles looking back at the menu.