Distracted.

Chapter Twenty-one

"Ah! What the hell is this!?" Dad yelled and I laughed.

"It's a veggie burger dad," I said and stiles held up a salad he got for himself.

"I asked for a hamburger!"

"Veggie is healthy!" He said and I bit into my Veggie burger, which wasn't that bad. He opened the fry container revealing carrots and celery, just overkill.

"Okay, why are you two trying to ruin my life."

"We're trying to extend your life." We said in unison, I pushed my fries over to him, a little grease wouldn't kill him. Stiles smacked my shoulder.

"Tell us what you found!" Stiles said and dad scoffed grabbing some of my fries.

"No! I'm not sharing confidential evidence with a pair of teenagers." He said and I hummed.

"We're some clever teenagers though," I said and that's when Stiles poked my neck. "Don't do that!" I swatted his hand away. "Is that it behind you...?" I asked and dad sighed. "With arrows..."

"And pictures..." Stiles said looking at it.

"Advert your eyes!" Dad scowled and I chuckled looking too. "Stop!" He said as we continued. "Fine! Fine!" Dad yelled. "I'll tell you." He sighed. "I found something," Dad mumbled. Both stiles and I leaned forward. "The mechanic and the couple who were murdered... They all had something in common."

"All three?" Stiles mumbled.

"Yeah... You know what I always say, 1 is an incident-"

"2 is a coincidence-" Stiles mumbled.

"3 is a pattern," I said and dad nodded.

"All three of the Vic's are all the same ages, they're all 24."

"But Isaac's dad was nowhere near 24?" I asked and dad nodded.

"Which got me thinking- either A) his murder isn't connected or B) the ages were coincidences- until I found this!" He handed stiles and me the folder and we opened it together. "Did you know Mr. Lahey had another son other than Isaac?" He asked and I read it.

"He died in combat..." I whispered.

"If he were alive? How old would he be?" He asked.

"24," I said and Stiles gawked. We all got up looking at the board. "Dad?" I mumbled and he looked at me. "If there the same age, wouldn't they be in the same graduate class? Did you think of that?" I asked and he looked at me, mouth agape before mumbling.

"I would have- I just got Lahey's file two hours ago-"

"Two hours ago!?" Stiles gasped. "Dad people could be dying!"

"I'm aware of that! Thank you very much!" Dad yelled.

"That be the graduate class of... 2006," I said and dad looked at me. " did they go to the same school? Does the station have yearbooks perhaps- 2002 to 2006?" I asked and dad pointed at me, running out. He came back in with those yearbooks and files slapping them down. I grabbed 2006 and opened it.

"They all went to beacon hills!" Stiles pointed.

"But did they have any classes together?"

"2 we're married, they must have at least known each other," Stiles said.

"They could have had the same class or-" dad froze.

"What is it, daddy?" I asked.

"The same teacher." He said showing us.