Understanding.

Chapter Fourteen

Running through the woods, felt different. I ran and ran, soon meeting a road where a car swerved around me, but stopped. It was a familiar car, Chris' car I saw Allison get out.

"Y/N?" She said and I sighed softly, hiding the book in my flannel.

"Alli," I said and that's when Chris walked around the car.

"Why are you out in the middle of nowhere?" Chris asked.

"My car broke down on the way to the game. I decided to take a shortcut through the woods but... it's night, and I lost my way." I said. "But I'm guessing.. the game is over," I said and Chris nodded looking at me suspiciously.

"Do you need a ride?" Allison asked. "Home?" She insinuated and I looked at Chris, would I rather get eaten by a bear? Or ride with a werewolf hunter? Bear sounds better.

"I um. I don't wanna be a hassle." I said and Chris chuckled.

"Nonsense. Get in." He said and I nodded, Allison opening the back door for me. "In fact why don't you stay the night?" He asked and Allison looked at me with a smile. Could I say no?

"Sure- can we go to mine so I can get my things?" I asked and he nodded as I got it.

The car ride was silent, I kept the book pressed to my chest inside my flannel Allison, looked at me from the front and saw me clinging to something threw my shirt. When we got to mine Allison asked me to come with them, I said sure and we walked inside my place, I didn't see my dad's car, but I did see my brother's jeep when Allison closed the door.

"What do you have.?" She asked pointing to my flannel, and I looked down.

"A family Heirloom," I said looking at her and we both ran to my room. I stopped before going in. "Can you wait here, I'm gonna change?" I said having this feeling there was someone in my room, she nodded and I walked in and closed the door, turning to see Derek. "You can't be here.." I whispered walking over to him and he nodded softly.

"I know.." he said I put the book on the bed and he looked at it. "I um.. look I came here to tell you something." He said grabbing my hands. "Something is gonna happen, I'm gonna get myself caught by kate and I need you to get the Alpha there."

"When?" I asked looking at him.

"Tomorrow." He said and leaned down kissing my head. "Good luck." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Derek," I mumbled and he kissed my head and nodded as he left through my window, I quickly changed and packed my bag, yelling for Allison and she walked in.

"Hey, you alright?" She asked and I nodded. "That's a creepy book." She said giggling pointing at the book, that read 'Book Of Mischief' and I looked.

"That's.. the heirloom," I said and she smiled going to open it, but she couldn't.

"It's not opening." She said I reached over and just, opened the front and she looked at me so confused. "It's blank." She said and I looked At it, there was writing all over it.

"No, it's not," I said and she looked at me laughing a bit.

"Y/N stop messing with me." She said so I pulled the book over and read the first line in my head.

'Once bonded with the new owner, the book binds itself to the witch part of its bloodline, The Book Of Mischief is made with the blood of the first witch in the family's bloodline, and only then it will carry on, only bonding with the daughters of this family. Only showing itself to them, and who they verbally allow.'