Dec 3rd; Footprints In The Snow

I do not own any of the characters or places mentioned, I am just having a bit of fun with them for a little while!

This story was written in correlation with MagicofNarnia's posted prompt list, which also does not belong to me.

Sorry this was so late, I was really busy today.......

Two years before The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.....

"Edmund! Oh, Edmund! Wait for me!" Yelled a six year old Lucy, to her older brother.

Eight year old Edmund glanced back at his sister and sighed.

He stopped walking, and waited semi- patiently for her to catch up.

The years first snow had accumulated to about six inches, so Lucy had to follow in Edmunds tracks to avoid getting snow in her boots.

"Lucy, would you, hurry up!" Called Edmund in annoyance.
"I want to go make a snow fort!"

"I'm coming!" Lucy called as she continued to follow as fast as she could.

Then, when she was more then halfway to Edmunds side, she lost her balance and fell with a gasp of fright.

Landing in some of the deeper snow that had been left undisturbed by Edmunds boots, Lucy was covered in snow from the waist down.

Lucy immediately began to cry as she suddenly became very cold, and she didn't even try getting up.

Edmund, forgetting his impatience, ran back to Lucy and kneeling beside her, he began brushing her off and whispering soothing words to her.

"It's all right Lucy, you're ok. It's just a little snow."

Lucy stopped crying and looked up at Edmund and smiled a little.

He helped her up, brushed off most of the snow, and helped shake the snow out of her mittens.

Using his gloves to clean her face of tears, he whispered, "I'm sorry I did not wait for you, Lucy. From now on you can walk behind me and hold onto the back off my jacket."

Lucy smiled excitedly and cried, "OH, Boy, I can help you make your snow fort!"

Edmund smiled and replied, "Yes, and now we can both make footprints in the snow together!"