Dec 5th; I Know It's Winter

Do not own any of the characters or places mentioned, I am just having a bit of fun with them for a little while!

This story was written in correlation with MagicofNarnia's posted prompt list, which also does not belong to me.

Peter age, 18
Edmund age, 15

Peter was walking briskly down a hallway in the castle of Cair Parevel in the late evening when he noticed a draft of cool air coming from the direction of Edmunds room.

He glanced suspiciously at the closed door and wondered if Edmund had perhaps left the window open.

Since the door was closed, it had to be more then just a slight draft to go under his door like that.

Knocking on his brothers door, he called out, "Ed, are you in their?"

Receiving no answer, he knocked again but silence continued to prevail.

Deciding that his earlier assumption was correct, Peter stepped inside to go and shut it, so that Edmunds room would not be cold when he came back.

Walking through the sitting room, Peter then went into the next room which was Edmund's bedroom, that also had a restroom and office branching off of it.

Peter was astonished to find that not any of the windows were open but instead it was the balcony doors that were wide open, and standing on the balcony was Edmund!

"Ed, what do you think you're doing just standing out here like this, it's freezing! This is December and your standing out on you're balcony, and in your night clothes no less!"

Edmund turned to look at Peter and replied calmly, "I know it's winter, you don't have to tell me."

"Well then if you know, than what are you doing standing in the cold!" Peter asked in astonishment.

"I don't know, I just wanted to look out at this cold wintery world of ours."

Peter just stared at Edmund in confusion but Edmund was so lost in his thoughts he did not really notice.

Instead, he simply continued talking in a thoughtful voice, " It looks bigger from here then it does on the ground."

"Well, I'm sure this is all very interesting Ed, but why not we shut those doors and get you warmed up, ok? And how long have you been just standing their like that?"

Edmund sighed saying, "Well I suppose we could do that."

He was silent for a moment before continuing, "And I don't really remember how long I have been out here."

After Peter and Edmund had successfully shot and locked the balcony windows, Peter got a fire going while Edmund crawled into bed.

When then the fire blazing away Nicely, Peter walked over to Edmunds bed.

"Are you good now? I don't have to worry about you getting up to go on the balcony again, do I"

Yes Peter, I'm fine, and no I won't do it again, I promise."

"Well, just see that you don't, little brother. Simply knowing it's winter is apparently not enough for you, so just wait and save you're country watching for summer, ok?"

"Yes your majesty, I shall endeavor to do as you command!" Edmund replied with a mock bow.

Peter sighed in resignation saying, "At least your good with being cold again."

Edmund nodded simply, choosing instead to remain silent.

Peter started to leave the room but he stopped and added, "And I'm proud that after only six years you feel that way. I am not sure I would if I were in you're position."

"Thanks Pete." Edmund murmured quietly.

Peter just smiled and left the room.