pt.3 ch7

the gryffindor common room was filled with excitement on the day of yule ball. Everybody was talking about their dates and planned the coming evening.
It was a day no body has ever experienced before and never will again.
Slowly everybody started to leave to go get ready.
"Come on, we should get going too." Hermione addressed the two redhead 3rd years.
"What? They are coming too?" Harry asked in shock.
"Why? Do you have a problem with us coming?" Ginny raised her eyebrow.
"N-no its just it was supposed to be 4th years and above only"
"3rd years can come if they get invited"ron said
"You knew about this?" Harry let out a gasp.
"Why are you so defensive about this?" Hermione asked.
"I'm not de- wait, you have dates?"
"Ya no shit sherlock" olivia rolled her eyes.
"Sher what?" Ron asked to which hermione sighed with disappointment.
"Who are you going with?" Harry asked olivia.
"Guess you're gonna have to wait and see for yourself." Before harry could respond, hermione dragged the two girls to her dorm room. Leaving a very troubled harry behind.
"Why are you acting like this mate?" Ron asked harry.
"I didn't know they could come" harry responded in a small voice.

Harry and ron were one of the first ones to arrive outside the great hall, harry in his new shiny robes and a very annoyed ron in his old ghastly one. Everyone admired the champion and passed small comments.

Hermione soon arrived, ron's jaw dropped. She looked absolutely gorgeous, this was the first time the boys looked at her and a saw a girl. Not the friend who ordered them to do their homework or saved them everytime they got in trouble.

Ginny later arrived, telling hermione that olivia couldn't find her left shoe so she'll be coming late, everybody was in shock once again when she went ahead and joined neville longbottom. Who was too red to say anything.

But the moment when harry potter couldn't belive his eyes was when he heard the rushed footsteps of olivia granger.
He stood in shock as the 3rd year almost skipped the last two steps of the stairs, without sparing him a look she ran past him. A smile planted on her face as she almost jumped on a familiar boy to hug him.
Theo looked as godly as ever, in his neat robes which challenged that of harry's. He had this beautiful smile on his face as he hugged his date back. The smile harry tried his best to not snatch out of his face. He didn't know why but something felt different. He had this burning sensation inside him, he didn't even glance at cho when she arrived. All he could think about was the guilt of not asking olivia Granger. He wanted to go and compliment her, tell her she looked beautiful but was interrupted by mcgonagall, reminding him about the start of the ceremony. That was when he realised he had ignored his date all evening but he still couldn't care less because of the girl who was now entering the great hall with another boy by her side, holding her hand, something harry desperately wanted to do.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Theo yelled over the loud music.
"Yes! Very very much!" Olivia smiled.
"Your hair, it looks amazing, have I mentioned?" Theo said.
"About forty times" olivia laughed as she jumped with the music. Her red hair, which she had used her metamorphmagus powers to have a little white in bounced freely with her.
"You look amazing, did I mention that too?" Theo smirked.
"I think you did" olivia smiled yet again, the jazz song slowly started to fade and a slow song started. Magic and joy was all around the great hall. Theo offered his hand and bowed in front of olivia. "May I have this dance miss bishop?"
"You must most certainly do mr barton" olivia did a sarcastic courtesy and took his hand. They slowly danced, other couples joining in too. A little later theo asked for a break to go use the washroom.
Olivia took that time to look for her sister, who she spotted near harry and ron. Ron had an annoyed look on his face and so did hermione, this didn't look good. Olivia sprinted her way over to them just as ron said something about associating with the enemy.
"Weren't you the one who was singing and dancing about krum a few weeks ago?" Olivia asked, backing her sister up.
"I-no well that's not the point, what are you doing, jollying and dancing around with a slytherin" he blabbered
"What's theo got to do with this?"
"They are vile and cruel and pathetic, you hanging out with them makes you no different" harry said in anger.
"Oh so i'm vile, cruel and pathetic too now? How dare you stereotype slytherins into evil beings when you two, gryffindors, but aren't brave enough to ask out girls you fancy to come to the ball with?" Olivia glared, shutting the boys in a lock.

"Come on hermione, just because they are moody today doesn't mean we shouldn't enjoy ourselves" olivia led her sister over to ginny and neville, who were soon joined by krim and theo. The 6 danced ti the beats, but olivia could notice the change of mood in hermione's face. Thanks to the boys for that.
All and all, olivia had one the best nights of her life that night. everything was perfect that night, well except the little argument with the boys. Olivia was grateful.
Olivia and ginny were one of the last ones to enter the common room, the two danced together till the end. Their feets starting to turn sore. The moment olivia's head hit the pillow, she was swallowed by a long deep sleep.

In the other room, two certain boys couldn't close their eyes without the thoughts of different grangers taking over their minds.