CHAPTER TWO

Skylar POV

After I tended to my  wounds, I walked painfully to work and,just my luck there was an emergency and I had to wait as well as bake pastries .Luckily for me, we did not have even a single customer yet so I got to make enough batches of different pastries. Just when I put the last batch of pastries which was strawberry muffins into the oven, the bell dinged signalling that someone had just walked in.I walked out of the kitchen painfully and saw three boys sitting together at one of the booths. I put on one of my brightest fake smiles and walked slowly up to them. Good afternoon I chirped what may I get for you?Two of them looked identical so I am guessing they are twins. They have light blue eyes like the sky on a cloudless day,and,curly brown hair.They also looked muscular and had tatoos.They both wore matching clothes too.I looked at who I am assuming is their friend. He also had curly,ebony coloured hair,which by the way looked very soft.In addition to this, he had an ear piercing, and a lot of tattoos and I have to admit they looked nice on him.He had beautiful grey eyes with specks of blue in them.I have to admit they all looked gorgeous especially, grey eye boy.The twins ordered  red velvet cupcakes with blueberry milkshakes. I looked at grey eyes boy awaiting his order.I realised he was trying to say something but couldn't get the words out.He looked over at the twins and signed please order for me I can't. Obviously, he didn't know I could sign. No one really does. I gathered courage before tapping him gently. When he looked up at me I started signing what would you like?They all seem shocked for a second before he signed black coffee please with a strawberry muffin.I nodded before walking carefully back into the kitchen to bring their food.

Octavian POV

My oh so wonderful father came home yesterday (note the sarcasm)and reminded me of my inability to speak fluently.I know he doesn't do it intentionally but maybe, if he actually spent time with us and took his time to understand then maybe he wouldn't be so patronising. His patronising acts got me so angry. He came home yesterday and asked a question about school. I was answering him and he kept completing my sentences wrongly. I got so upset that I stormed to our gym and punched a punching bag  repeatedly imagining his face on it. I woke up this morning due to the fact that there was a little body jumping on me I woke up pissed off but realised it was my 7 years old sister,Hazel. I smiled softly and greeted her w-w-well good m-m-m-m-mor-morning p-p-rin-c-c-cess.Good morning Octavian she replied. Why are you j-j-um-p-ping o-on m-m-m-me?I questioned.No reason she giggled excitedly and run out of the room.I decided to take a shower .After the shower I wore sweatpants and went right back to sleep cause,why not?I  don't know when I fell asleep but,I slowly woke up and glared at my two best friends who thought it best to pour cold water on me to  wake me up.Incase you haven't noticed, I don't like it when my sleep is interrupted. They just smiled innocently before sitting on the couch in my room.
The two morons somehow managed to convince me to go to this cafe with them.

IN THE CAFE

M-m-m(gosh I hate m's)I was trying to order but my words were not coming out. I  gave up and started signing to the twins to order for me. I was so shocked when the waiter tapped me lightly and started signing. I signed my order and watched her as she went to get us our food. When she came out of the kitchen, I noticed she looked exactly like the twins but had natural highlights. Also,her eyes though beautiful looked lifeless almost like she had witnessed many horrors in her lifetime. She was also limping. I looked at the twins and realised they were also staring but they were staring for too long because she looked uncomfortable under their gazes.I discreetly kicked them and when they turned their heads to glare at me,I motioned for them to stop staring.

Xander POV

I looked at our waiter closely and realised we resemble. Just her hair colour was more on my mother's side.I didn't realise I was staring at her till Octavian kicked me under the table.I think he kicked Asher to because we both glared at him before sharing a look.