CHAPTER ELEVEN

Octavian POV

So the twins have a sister who is Skylar!
Unfortunately, Aaron refuses to accept it and is calling her a spoilt brat. How can he do that without even knowing her side of the story? The only thing that was keeping me from replying was Skylar silently begging us not to say anything.

Skylar POV
Dinner was served to me in bed. There was chicken soup and also mashed potatoes. I has not been given this much food to eat since my mother died. I sat still waiting for permission to eat because well if I don't I might get beaten. I am usually taking risks when I eat without permission because, "my father " always got angry and beat me up because according to him,I "don't deserve food ". I would have starved to death if not for some of the pastries I usually ate after work and,the others I risked my life eating.
W-w-why are-aren't you ea-e-eating?
I looked down in embarrassment before eating. I was done in a few minutes and Octavian smiled and shook his head in amusement.
As the weeks slowly went by,I got better.I was starting to feel comfortable with everyone. Octavian was over at the house most of the time.  We ate together as a family. Family. I was still getting used to that word after so many years. Everyone was really trying to make me comfortable. Mr Parker went back to my old house and brought back everything of mine to me. Including my inhaler, old laptop and pictures which I was thankful for.
Everyone was really trying. Everyone but Aaron. He constantly threw glares at me and called me names like spoilt brat the least chance he got. It hurt to be honest. If only he knew what I went through but it was my decision to keep my past a secret so I guess I have to deal with it.