CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Skylar POV

Octavian left after lunch to spend time with his siblings. I was upstairs in my room making a sketch when Mr Parker called us downstairs.
I was thinking earlier and decided to start calling the couple mom and dad. I was just pushing that aside because I was afraid of them hurting me. After the few weeks I have spent here,I am convinced they do love me. Sooo... dad called us upstairs for a family meeting.
Once we all got downstairs, dad started ok since you are all here,we can start. Before anything, Skylar you are movingly from your old school to Royal Gates High. We will pay for everything.  Hou also need to go shopping with the boys to get some new clothes. You don't need to pay for anything I started. Of course we have to dad said. No mom,dad everyone looked at me with surprise visible on their faces. Mom squealed and hugged me and dad smiled broadly. The twins were also smiling. Anyways mom,dad you don't have to pay for anything because...... I was cut off once again by mom. Sweetie, we are paying end of discussion. No, I have a fulll scholarship to Royal Gates. What?! Mom and dad asked surprised. That is almost impossible dad added smiling softly. My baby sister is a genius Xander gushed. Speaking of brains,Skylar how were we not able to access your files on the cafe's system,?
I protected them I answered simply. Why and how? Why? I was asked to do so by someone.  Who,? Mom asked? Can't say I answered again. And how? I learnt from the best I answered again. OK then,the other reason I called is to tell you we will be  going for dinner at someone's house tomorrow. Who? I asked curiously. A  partner . We need his help to track down someone but be warned he is very short tempered and hard to calm down. According to rumours, he will listen to three people only when angry. His wife,son and the last person which no one knows. These are the people he loves the most. I am telling you this because he can be dangerous when he wants to be.
I am not going I announced. Please sweetheart we will protect you at all cost. Please just come they pleaded. Fine I sighed.
The next day, we went shopping for my school supplies. Xander made it his aim to drag me to every store he could find. When we were finally done, I was exhausted and very hungry. Please get me food before I die I said and Xander rolled his eyes.  Please stop exaggerating he said driving into Mcdonald's parking lot. I  ordered fries,chicken nuggets and a medium bottle of sprite. After we were done with our food, we paid and went home. Xander I started since you decided to get all this,take them inside. But he started no buts I cut in it is your fault there are so many bags.
Just get the workers to help you Asher said. Workers? I asked. Yeah they were away for a break but have now returned. Oh okay. I don't know why I was so surprised. After all,they were rich.I went inside and saw some of them. Two maids , a cook and some guards. I  successfully stayed out of everyone's way on my way to my room. I flopped on my bed and fell asleep. A few seconds later,or at least it felt like a few seconds later, I was woken up by Asher. Wake me up at 4:30 I groaned covering myself with my blanket. Skylar, its 4:55. I groaned again and lazily got up. I am going to shower. OK he said walking out. I went into the bathroom and quickly stripped before getting into the shower.I wrapped my towel around myself before walking into my room and stepping into my walk in closet. There was a mirror in there. I dried my hair before brushing it and letting it fall in its natural curls. I then put on a black dress that was just a little bit above my knees a black denim jacket because it was a bit cold ,slipped on white sneakers and put a simple necklace around my neck. It was 5:5 by the time I was done. I grabbed a white purse and quickly placed my lip balm,charger,inhaler and airpods in it before rushing down stairs. Everyone was already down stairs and as I walked descended the stairs, they all stared at me and smiled (this sounds so cliche 😅😅😂). Workers assemble dad shouted and they all walked in. There were three  maids,a gardener,a cook and some new guards. This is my daughter dad started. They all looked confused but said nothing. You will treat her with respect are we clear? Yes sir they all replied . You can go. We all went out and piled into a black Mercedes jeep truck and I must say the car looks nice with black leather coverings on the seat.
We went out onto the road and. The road we took looks familiar but I think I am just hallucinating. We took the next turn and I understood why it seemed so familiar. Just to be sure,I asked dad,where are we going? I asked. The Woods residence mom replied. OK. Don't worry baby sis we will protect you Xander said. Totally Asher and Aaron agreed.
We reached the house and were given access when dad gave out his name. We went through the gate and drove for a few minutes before we reached the front of the mansion where we parked next to a white bugatti. We went up to the door and Ruby the doorbell which was opened by one of the  maids. Mr Woods will be with you soon ahead said leading us to the living room where I made myself comfortable. After a few minutes when no one was coming downstairs, I quietly made my way to the kitchen where the chef was guiding some of the maids on where to place what. Hi Bob I greeted. Skylar?! He asked shocked the one and only. Please help me with some cookies and also a grand entrance. You haven't changed have you? Nope I grinned.

Author's note

Please take note I know nothing about cars incase of anything feel free to correct me.
In a sensible and respectful way. Thankyou in advance. ❤👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻