CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

I raised my head and saw a girl sashaying to our table. Damn she really likes pink I thought as I watched her approach the table. She was holding a cup of banana milkshake and I wondered if she was going to hand it over to one of the boys. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I felt something running down my back. The damn girl had just poured the milkshake all over me. Stay away from these boys they are mine she shrieked and I tried not to cover my ears. Wait, she just poured her milkshake on me. I stood up,took my Soda and dumped it over her. She raised her hand to hit me and I froze. The boys got into action at that time and stood protectively in front of me. I have got this Asher said and they sat down. He whispered something to her and she paled before scurrying away. I didn't realise I was crying till Jackson pulled me close and wiped my tears. I felt people's gazes and tried to pull away. Xander noticed and shouted. Mind your fu***** businesses. Everyone immediately turned. I w-w-will k-kill her Jackson muttered and I shook my head. He sighed and carried me out of the cafeteria while I was wrapped around him like a koala.
He took me to his locker and grabbed a fresh shirt he then took me to the washrooms and waited outside for me. I cleaned my self,changed into the shirt and stepped out.
Jackson was clenching his fists and I sighed. Jackson let it go. No he exclaimed. Come on Jackson. T-the fu**** made you c-c-cry he exclaimed raising his fist to punch the nearest wall. I grabbed his hand just in time you will hurt yourself I said softly and he sighed. I'm t-t-tell-ing d-dad. No,Jackson he will make it a very big deal I whined. I-it is a b-big-big de-al he answered as we walked into the cafeteria.

Octavian POV

Who is h- he? I asked a few minutes after they had left. Who? Xander asked confusion clouding his features. T-that guy I said gesturing to the door. He is Jackson Skylar's best friend from childhood he said. They were still talking when Skylar and Jackson walked in and they shut up. He looked like he wanted to say something but just remained silent.
A few minutes after they returned the bell rang and we went to the lockers and took our books for chemistry class. The class was empty when we arrived so we headed to the back where all of us could sit. We of course dragged Skylar with us and sat around her.

Skylar POV
The warning bell rang and students started filing in. Most of the students were in our other classes so they thankfully did not glare at me as much. The teacher came in and started ranting about chemistry. A few minutes into his rant,the door opened slowly and Angel walked in with her head hung low which made it difficult to see her face. Angel why are you late? The teacher asked rather calmly. I am sorry she said raising her head. Everyone seemed shocked she had apologised. I looked at her face closely and realised her makeup was cleaning,she had red puffy eyes and also a bruise on her cheek which you had to look at closely to see. Go and sit the teacher said motioning to the class. Angel started walking and looked at me with hatred in her eyes but behind that hatred was the pain she was trying to hide from everyone. Xander glared at her and she dropped her head moving to the only available seat which was right infront of Asher. OK class here are your chemistry partners for the year the teacher said and I zoned out. I was brought out of my daydream when I heard my name being mentioned. I was in thesame group with Octavian and Jackson and the twins were with Angel. I looked at Asher and saw that he was very tense. Sir can you please change our partner? Xander asked. You are not allowed to change partners the teacher said sternly and he sighed.
You get to choose what to work on for ur first project which is due in a few weeks. And, try to start today cause your projects must be perfect yes sir everyone chorused getting ready to go to their next class.
We waited for everyone to leave before we got up. Angel was the only student apart from us in the class. She stood up and walked to the door. Asher called her and she turned hopefully. We are starting as soon as possible he said to her. Better to get it done with so that I can stay away from you he added under his breath. Angel eyes filled with tears for some reason. Also,we are meeting today after school where ever they are meeting today he said gesturing to us.
I doubt I can come today Angel whispered. Why not Asher asked. I just can't she said. Either way you are coming end of story Asher snapped. Meet me at your class after last period he said. OK she muttered and left.
Octavian I said after she left can we meet at Jackson's house? I was planning on going there after school is that okay with you? He shrugged and nodded his head. Okay then Jackson's house it is I declared.
Our lessons flew by and the closing bell soon rung. We filed out with the test of the student body and went over to the boys' cars. We had to wait for Angel since she didn't have the address of Jackson's house. We waited for her till the parking lot became deserted. She however didn't show up. Jackson was leaning on his car and drumming his hands on the hood. Okay I said after some time just text her the address. I don't have her number Asher said but I knew he was not speaking the truth because he couldn't look at my face.
Just text her I groaned. No Asher said I'll text her Xander said and I nodded. Just go we will meet you there. I will call incase of anything. I nodded and got into Jackson's car.
We drove off with Octavian behind us.