CHAPTER ONE

Beep,beep,beep......I immediately turn off the alarm as fast as humanly possible before my "father " wakes up.I soon realise unfortunately that I was too late as I hear the heavy footsteps of my father coming up the stairs. He slams the door open, walks over to where I was standing and slapped me to the floor. Why is she not running? You might ask well, I learnt a long time ago in a very painful way never to run.

Flashback

He came home drunk as usual and slammed the door open. I was in the kitchen trying very quickly to prepare a meal for him Where is my food you slut he slurred walking into the kitchen. Almost done sir I whispered. His face suddenly contorted in anger and he slammed my head on  one of the walls. I blinked tears from my eyes and tried to run.He grabbed my hair and smiled evilly. Trying to run now are we?He sneered while removing his belt. This will teach you to never run and take your punishments calmly you murderer he roared .

END OF FLASHBACK.

Well let's just say I had back pain for over a month and I would like to avoid that so I don't run anymore.
Hi,my name is Skylar Jones and this is how I live. I am constantly abused by my father who blames me for the death of my mother. Why ? You might ask.Well my mother died in an accident while she was coming to pick me from the ice-cream parlour. According to the police, a drunk truck driver crashed into her.And sadly, they both didn't make it.
Thankfully, today is a Saturday and though I was beaten up pretty badly, I still have time to clean myself (my wounds) properly since I don't work till 11 am.I  work at a cafe 15 minutes from my house if you are driving so,that makes it a 30 minutes walk. And, incase I am beaten up badly, 45 minutes. Its a nice coffee shop and since I am pretty good at cooking, I sometimes get free pastries after work. I like keeping to myself and the owner knows this so she barely let's me wait unless of course it is an emergency.

Octavian POV

Hi, I am Octavian Walker.I come from a very rich and loving family. Both parents are busy and are barely home but, my mom tries to make time for my siblings and I. I have older twin siblings Briana and Xavier and a younger sibling, Hazel. Ever since I can remember, I have had a stutter and have gotten bullied for it sometime along the way  for it.I also have a very quick temper.This makes me do things I sometimes regret. At school, my friends and I are termed the bad boys since we are usually wearing black leather jackets and are always fighting as others put it.I mean what are my supposed to do if someone tries to pick on me?!
My childhood friends, Xander and Asher Parker have always supported me through thick and thin. I remember when we first met. We were in pre -school and a bunch of kids thought it best to gang up against me and beat me up (kids can be so cruel) I couldn't fight back since they outnumbered me by a lot. Xander and Asher came in at that moment and helped me and we just kind of clicked.