CHAPTER SIX

Skylar POV

I  went to school the next day which was a Monday. I kept to myself at school and, I know this sounds so cliche but,I had no friends. I was ahead in all my classes and the teachers knew that so they never got bothered when I missed school. Since we will be going for our vacation break soon,we are starting our exams today.
The exam week went by smoothly for me. At school at least. The day before our break, our principal called me to his office and smiling, he handed me an envelope.You got the scholarship he exclaimed his smile getting wider.My teachers had managed to get me to apply for a scholarship in the most prestigious school ever.And,it turns out I got in. You start next academic year. It was nice knowing you. Thanks I replied smiling softly. The next day, teachers at school congratulated me and wished me well. Everyone was happy to be finally going home for some weeks without school . Everyone, but me. I dreaded going home even when I had school the next day. Jubilation was around me as the school bell rang.

Octavian POV

I woke up the next day to the sound of my brother shouting my name. Unfortunately, it was not my alarm so I couldn't hit the snooze button. I begrudgingly got up and went through my morning routine before going downstairs.
When I went down, I saw that everyone was sitting at the table having breakfast including my dad. Good m-m-m-m-mor-morning guys I greeted. Hi,everyone responded except my dad who just looked at me and went right back to his breakfast. I rolled my eyes and sat down. After I was done with breakfast, I went to my black motorcycle and rode off to school .I  attend Royal Gates High School the most prestigious high school around. I met up with Asher and Xander at the gates and we went in together. People stared and it honestly didn't bother me that much because I was used to it.
Then Angel came (eye roll).As usual, her face was caked with makeup. I honestly wished I could speak to her so that I would atleast tell her to stop wearing so much makeup. Hey baby she purred and I almost puked.We have a party this weekend care to join?I shook my head no but she kept insisting and it got  annoying.
It is honestly so ironic how her name is Angel and she behaves so un-Angel like. You know what I mean?I finally got her off my back and walked to class. Exams came and went and honestly, they were easy Finally on the last day, we went home and wouldn't be back till after a few weeks. A few days into our break, I decided to go to the cafe Skylar worked because, I missed her.Even though I had her number, I was too nervous to call or even text her. I walked in and sat down in one of the booths. A different waiter came up to me and I started signing. Sorry I don't understand she said before walking off.I  wondered why she didn't just give me the notepas to write my order on till she came back with a limping Skylar. I could tell she was trying really hard to hide it but I had noticed it. She came up to me and signed what would you like?Black coffee with vanilla donuts please. Sure thing she said writing it down and giving it to the other waitress. What happened to your leg?I asked her. I tripped and fell she signed back before limping off .After I was done eating, I paid my bill and left to the Parker mansion.Unfortunately,Mr and Mrs Parker were out on a mission. I f-f-foun-f-found her I said as soon as I walked in.She is a-at the c-c-caf-cafe. Let us wait for mom dad to come home before we go Asher suggested. When they finally came home, it was late and we  couldn't go so I decided to sleep over at their house.