CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Octavian POV

I knew they were close but I was still surprised she was comfortable enough to hang out after school.

Jackson POV
Today was so stressful. I can't believe I allowed some random brat to make her cry. Jackie Skylar said after a while. Hmm I hummed I am hungry she said quietly. Y-you ar-are al-alw-al-ways hun-g-gry.I replied. Well I'm a growing girl I need food she replied sassily. Mom is cook-k-k-ing today I said. Supper is in like a hundred hours away she groaned and I rolled my eyes but took the next turn going straight to Mcdonald's. I parked the car and we both got down. Octavian came right after us and looked at us in confusion. I wanted food she mumbled when she realised I was not speaking. Octavian nodded and she walked to the counter. She ordered a medium burger with medium fries,two banana smoothies and a black coffee. The waiter at the counter gave her the food and she brought out money to pay. I quickly paid for it before she could give her money out and she smiled nodding her thanks. She went out and I took my change and followed her. She handed the black coffee to Octavian who nodded his thanks before getting into his car. Skylar and myself also went into my car and drove with Octavian behind us. She handed me one of the smoothies and I smiled. She ate the food quickly and slapped my hands away when I tried to steal her fries. She eventually finished eating and fell asleep. When we arrived, I parked my car in the driveway with Octavian behind me. He hopped out and looked at a sleeping Skylar in my arms smiling softly. I glared at him lightly and he looked taken aback. One of the guards came to help with our bags and I smiled great fully. I walked past him into the house and he followed me. I felt her holding my shirt tightly and looked down to see that she was frowning. She suddenly screamed and opened her eyes. When she saw I was holding her, she hugged me tightly and I shushed her. It's f-fine I whispered. I baked cookies Bob who had rushed in with some other workers when she screamed said and she raised her head excitedly.
Would you like some? He asked and she nodded. She followed him into what I assumed was the kitchen and came back with a jar of cookies. She offered me some and I shook my head no. She shrugged and walked to Jackson who took one and bit into it. We walked upstairs and into a room that looked like a guest room. She sat on the bed and Jackson and I just stood and st⁷ ared at her.
Okay,she sighed. If we are to get going to get this project done, we are going to have to get rid of the awkwardness between you two. We are starting with introduction. Octavian, she said introduce yourself. I stared blankly at her just introduce yourself and stop worrying she said and I sighed. Fine. I-I am O-o-oc-t-t-tav-iian I said stretching my hand out for a hand shake. He smiled before saying I am J-jack-ja-Jackson and shook my hand. Was this guy mocking me? I thought angrily and decided to test it out. I a-am s-sev-se-ven-t-teen. Me-me t-t-too he replied. Skylar smiled broadly at both of us. Was she not seeing and hearing what was going on here? I'm thirsty she said looking at Jackson who rolled his eyes and went out probably to get her a drink.
Why is you friend mocking me I signed angrily. What? She asked and I punched the wall. Ca-c-ca-nt you s-see? I asked angrily. Octavian you're scaring me she said quietly. I punched the wall again. How could she be so blind?!

Jackson POV
I can't believe he stutters. He is the friend the Parker boys spoke of. I am so happy to have finally met a fellow stutterer. I went into the kitchen with a small smile on my face and took a bottle of water out of the refrigerator. I turned and saw mom and dad in the doorway. Whose car is in the doorway mom asked. O-cta-ta-vian I said. Who is Octavian dad queried curiously a friend I answered shortly. Dad was about to ask another question when I heard the breaking of several things and a scream I would recognise anywhere. I rushed upstairs with my parents.

Skylar POV
I didn't understand what Octavian was talking about. Octavian, calm down and tell me what's wrong I pleaded. Are y-y-yo-u b-bl-ind?! He asked angrily punching the wall. Please stop I whispered he was scaring me. I screamed when he broke some glass objects. This brought back old memories of Lawrence breaking glass and using them to hurt me. My heart started beating faster and my breathing became shallow. Everything around me started fading into darkness. I was having a panic attack. This was one of the worst things that could happen to a human being.
Octavian was still breaking things but the sound of it all was fading out and I could only focus on my heart beating faster and faster, louder and louder. My breath became even shallower and I knew I needed my inhaler if not I would pass out. My hands started shaking and became numb and I felt like I had no control over my body. Somebody suddenly placed my inhaler in my mouth and pumped it. I took large puffs. My breathing became levelled but I was still panicking. S-sky, I realised it was Jackson. L-listen to-to m-m-m- me. L-look at m-m-me. D-do-don't fo-fo-focu-focus on an-an-anyone j-jus-just me. You-you are s-safe. After I calmed down a bit,he asked for permission to touch me which I agreed to. He carried me to my room and placed me on the bed. Y-you ar-are pain-pain-t-painting a s-s-s-sun-s-set he started and I nodded slowly.

Jackson POV
W-what c-c-olor w-will use? She smiled slightly when she realised what I was doing. Red,orange and yellow she said quietly. We continued like this till she calmed down completely. We sat in silence and I clenched my fists thinking about Octavian. I never got my drink you know I smiled for a second trust her to joke after a panic attack. I then realised she was trying to take my mind off Octavian. That bastard!! How dare he?!