part 5

you've got a pretty kinda dirty face - robbers the 1975—————————————————————————

—————————————————————————

I stare blankly at him. My heart sinks.

" Come on and take a seat " he says guiding me over to the table.

I mentally prepare for what he is about to tell me.

" Soph before I tell you I just want you to know that im so sorry and it only happened this one time" I suck in a breath before I start crying.

" Hey hey stop crying " He rubs my arm.

" Again Nikki ? Really ? " I choke out. He sits back in his chair.

" Soph I promise I didn't mean to...something just overcame me I couldn't control myself " He tells me honestly.

I can't believe this.

" God dammit Nikki , when was it " I question.

" Earlier today when you went down to the pool " My eyes widen.

" Are you fucking serious " I shout earning stares from people around eating their meals.

" I'm sorry " He says again.

" I'm actually sick " I say not being able to look at him.

" Sick ? I said I was sorry, I thought you'd understand " He says annoyed.

" YOU FUCKED ANOTHER CHICK HOW DID YOU THINK I WOULD UNDERSTAND " I explode standing up from my seat.

He looks at me dumbfounded.

" What!? No I didn't ! " He argues back. I furrow my eyebrows.

" I had some drinks Soph from the mini bar....I didn't fuck anyone " he says quietly shaking his head.

Oh.

I sit back down in my chair slightly embarrassed now.

" Oh I see " is all i'm able to say back to him.

" Glad to see you still trust me " He rolls his eyes.

" Hey in my defence you didn't exactly tell me the topic of conversation how was I supposed to know"

He never said anything back. It was silent for a minute.

" I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions " I say sincerely.

" It's okay " he mutters looking out the window. I place my hand on top of his earning him to look back at me.

" Thank you for telling me...i'm sure it wasn't easy"

Nikki is my husband. My soulmate. My ride or die.

Even in that moment when I thought he slept with someone else I was prepared. We're bounded now....I would've tried marriage counselling if I thought I would be able to keep him to stay.

I've slowly learned over the years that I can not picture my life without him.

Our love goes further than just me and him, it's our kids, our home.

People probably think i'm delusional to think like that but in reality it's so much more than just me and him. We go beyond that I can't let that go.

I won't.

" It wasn't easy, i've been on edge all day feeling guilty about it , I did contemplate not telling you but I wouldn't be a very good husband if I did , I owe it you and myself to be open and honest and ask for help if I think I need it " He runs his them on the back of my hand.

" And that shows progression Nikki, you've no idea how appreciative I am for you being honest, you know i'll always be here for you....through anything" I smile at him which he returns.

" Are you guys ready to order ? " The waitress asks breaking our conversation.

" I think so " I smile.

Nikkis pov

" I just need to use the restroom " I excuse myself from the table.

I look back to check if she's looking , which she isn't.

I walk up to the bar.

" Excuse me ? " I say to the bartender.

" Can I help you sir ? " He asks.

" Yeah actually can you do me a favour, can you distract that woman over there while I slip out to reception please " I say pointing at Soph.

" No problem, I hope this won't get me in trouble" he jokes.

" It won't I promise " I laugh.

I watch as he approaches her and make my getaway.

I walk up to the receptionist who's talking on the phone , I tap my foot growing impatient. She finally puts the phone down and smiles at me.

" Ho there , I was just wondering if you could help me, I wanna surprise my wife "