part 17

Congratulations to being 22 years sober Nikki ! ——————————————————————

——————————————————————

It's gone dark outside and Nikki hasn't phoned from the studio all day. I sigh as I stir the pasta i've made for dinner.

Then I hear the door click open.

" Daddy " I hear Gunner yell.

" There's the man " Nikki says back.

They eventually stroll into the kitchen, Nikki is wearing a big grin on his face, a smile I haven't seen in a long time.

" Hey babe, oh something smells good " he says kissing my forehead and getting distracted by Decker sat in his high chair.

" So how are you ? you seem happy " I say observing my husband who is practicing grinning my a cheshire cat.

" I am happy...we had the most kickass first session with John it's gonna be great I can feel it" He beams walking back towards me.

I hum in response turning back to the stove. He gazes over my shoulder and lingers for a bit. I turn my head slightly to look at him. He stares at me still having that smile on his face.

" What ? " I laugh.

" Can I not look at my beautiful wife " He says resting his chin on my shoulder.

I look down at my feet, I'm wearing my tartan pyjama bottoms, my fluffy slippers and Nikki's old torn No Fun Tour shirt.

" Oh I see... so you come home delighted with your new band mate and come back with a hard on to your poor wife who's been slaving away all day cleaning, picking up the kids, and making dinner..." I raise an eyebrow.

" ....well.... yeah " He shrugs.

" No Nikki... " I say moving past him to grab the plates.

" But...why " he whines.

" Babe...this isn't like old times, we can't just do it on the kitchen table anymore it's actually used to eat off of now...plus... " I glance over at the two kids who are sat mindlessly talking to themselves waiting for their dinner.

" Damn, where did the time go " Nikki says standing with his arms folded.

" Now maybe if you make yourself useful and help get the kids fed and changed for bed we might have 20 minutes to have some fun before I fall asleep " I say handing him the plates.

" All I need is 10 " he says smiling.

" Well I am stuffed " Nikki says pushing his plate away.

I wipe my mouth with my napkin then give him a smile.

" What do you say to Soph for making your dinner" Nikki says turning to Gunner who does the same thing.

" Thank you Sophia " He says before getting up and running back to watch the teenage mutant ninja turtles.

There was a silence as Nikki picks up the food Decker threw on the floor.

I get that feeling of uneasiness as I try build the courage to tell him about Gunner and school.

" So babe... " I say earning a glance from Nikki.

" Today when I collected Gun from school..um the teacher said something... "

" What do you mean "

" Well she said that there's been some bullying going on..that Gunner hasn't been very nice to some of the other kids... " I finally get the words out, I can't read his face.

" What...no, he's a good kid " He says shocked.

" That's what I said...She was very rude aswell actually she firstly didn't want to tell me as i wasn't his "parent" and then said sarcastically that we should have a talk as a "family" implying on our domestic situation as co parents" I say getting annoyed about this again.

" How completely ignorant... but no Gunner would never do that I know my son " Nikki says.

" I haven't said anything to Gun yet I wanted to tell you first " I say to him as he still sits there with eyebrows raised.

" Well I appreciate that but I do want you to know that as his parent also you can talk to him, you don't have to have me around " he smiles reassuring me, which i'm glad he has.

" Gunner! " Nikki shouts for the green eyed boy.

He struts in walking over to his dad.

" Can you please tell me what's been happening in school..and don't lie " Nikki says sternly.

The boy opens his mouth and hesitates.

" Miss Brynn wouldn't believe me, I told her I wasn't lying! " he says in a panicked tone.

" She wouldn't believe what " I ask him.

" That I didn't start it! I swear dad I didn't, the other kids were saying mean things about me and you and Sophia and I hated it so...I said mean things back but they blamed me " He finally finishes and looks hurt.

I look at Nikki who's looking at Gunner, I can tell he's trying to carefully chose his words in his head.

" Listen to me okay, don't you worry if anyone is saying things about us we don't listen to them cause you know why... "

" why ? "

" Cause we are the Sixx's and we don't take crap from no one, but thank you for defending us buddy but you don't have to do that anymore i'll talk to Miss Brynn, now go on " He says high fiving Gunner.

" Well i'm glad I waited for you to talk to him because I don't think I would've handled that so well " I smile at Nikki proud of him for being so patient.

" Oh trust me I wanted nothing more than to tell him kick their faces in " he chuckles.

Suddenly Decker throws his bottle at Nikkis head, I stifle a small laugh.

" I think it might be this one we might have to look out for " Nikki says still rubbing his head.

—————————————————————————

Little filler chapter, don't worry plenty of drama to come !!