part 14

Every musicians fan after the curtain comes down - michael jackson——————————————————————

——————————————————————

After my fight with Sharise I went home. I didn't even bother to tell Nikki as I knew he would also get pissed off about what was said and I just thought he had enough to worry about.

I'm so shocked how well he's taking the news if Vince's departure. Just yesterday it was the end of the world and now i've never seen him more excited.

" I'm thinking something even more dirty this time" He says pacing around our bedroom.

He's been jotting down ideas all day long and was like a kid after daycare showing me his drawings.

I just hum in response as a read my book.

" Soph are you even listening" He says standing by side now.

" Yeah...yeah sorry going on"

" Okay so I want it to be even more raw, more dirty, Vince has a good voice but I started to realise it's almost too sweet " My eyes follow him as he goes back to pacing around.

" We need someone with a little more..." he gets stuck for words.

" celibacy " I say laughing to myself which earns a look from Nikki.

" No someone with more edge and bass in their voice as if they're hoarse all the time" He nods.

" So like Brian Johnson" I question.

" Yea but smokes less cigarettes than he does" He smiles finally sitting back down on the bed.

" Well we have a long day tomorrow, Emi said she can watch Decker tomorrow and oh don't forget we have Gunner the weekend so we need to pick him up from school" I smile before turning off the light.

" What would I do without you" he says before kissing me on the forehead and turning over.

A lot worse is what Nikki...

We get to the studio where auditions are being held.

Doc got word that the papers will be printing about the news of Vince quitting by this evening so we need to get to work.

Doc had some contacts and manage to rustle up and few people who clearly has a death wish in hoping to be the new lead singer of Motley Crue.

" I really hope you idiots are right about this" Doc warns them again.

" Relax Doc, you'll thank us one day" Nikki smiles sarcastically at the man who completely drives him insane.

" Yeah...sure" Doc says rolling his eyes.

I make my way over to the coffee machine and quickly pour myself a cup before I noticed a pair of freshly manicured nails pick up a cup.

" Oh hi Pam I didn't know you were coming today" I say to the gorgeous blonde.

" I had some time off from shooting and I know Tommy wants me to be more interested in what he's doing so I said I would come by" She smiles.

" Great to have another lady here.... I really need to get more friends" I say trailing off to which she just smiles.

And so it began I watch as the three guys sit side by side. Me and Pamela decided to sit away from them and let them do their thing.

After about 15 auditions they decided to take a break. I run up to Nikki who doesn't look impressed.

" Hey" I say sliding my hands into my jean pockets.

" This sucks" is all he responds.

" You'll find someone stop worrying" I try to comfort him.

" Nobody has stood out so far and I don't know i'm starting to think this could've been a bad idea"

" It will be fine i'm sure your knight..and shining armour? Is probably stood in that line, now go before he gets fed up and leaves" I say smiling which earns a small smile back.

I'll admit he's not wrong no one has really had what he's been looking for yet. But I have faith in this, well as long as Nikki does.

I make my way back to my seat.

" So what does Tommy think of all this...Vince drama" I ask Pamela.

" I mean he was pretty bummed, He's known him since high school...but you know him he just goes with the flow...especially if that flow comes from Nikki"

" Yeah...sometimes that the most worrying part" I laugh.

" Okay number 16 you're up" Doc says calling on the next guy.

I watch him trudge up to the microphone.

" Name?" Nikki asks.

" Ugh John Corabi" He says. He's taller than Mick but not as tall as Nikki or Tommy.

" Have you had any previous experience in music?"

" Yeah I was in a band called the scream" he says and I watch as the boys all nod.

I hope he's good.

He starts to sing and my eyes widen..he is pretty good. I watch Nikki nod his head slightly before he slightly looks over his shoulder and me who gave a thumbs up in response.

After a few hours everyone has finally auditioned and i'm just ready for bed.

" So when do you guys make your decision" I ask as we stand around.

" Well Doc did say we had two weeks but I think we may already have someone in mind" Nikki smiles.

" Good now can we get out of here i'm absolutely starving" I say.

Eventually we leave the building we decided to give Mick a ride home since we had to pick up Decker at his house.

When we arrived I hear Decker and Roxy laughing together. We enter the kitchen to find Emi standing over the stove.

" Oh good you're back, I hope you all like spaghetti and meatballs" She smiles as we approach her.

" You didn't have to do that" Nikki says taking a seat.

I stand by Emi as Mick goes over to Nikki.

" Well how was it?" she asks dipping her finger into the sauce and giving it a taste.

" It was fine, only a hand full stood out to me but I can't say that to them" I say crossing my arms.

" Yeah Mick hasn't told me much but I guess he's pretty bummed, I dunno I don't think his hearts in it anymore" She says quietly.

That worried me, if Mick or Tommy pull out that would kill Nikki.

" Hey did you hear anything from Sharise lately" I ask her.

" No why?"

I ended up telling Emi about my run in with Sharise.

" Damn Soph...but you guys are so close?"

" I know! I just feel bad about it all, but she really pissed me off with what she said...do you think I should apologise" I say pursing my lips.

" Only if she apologises too"

I nod my head.

" You'll sort it out don't worry in all your years of friendship this is the first time something like this has happened, she'll forgive you" She smiles laying her hand on my shoulder.

" Okay dinners served" She shouts.

Maybe I should call Sharise....