part 16

I helped you out of a broken place ———————————————————————

———————————————————————

I returned home after my encounter with Vince feeling low and disheveled. I entered the house peeling my soaking coat from my body and removing my damp shoes.

" Oh hey you're back " Nikki says standing in the hallway with Decker on his hip.

" Yeah...sorry I got delayed at Sharises " Nikki still doesn't know what happened between us and I wanna keep it that way.

" Hey no worries, I actually have been dying to tell you the good news...we picked a guy for the band ! " He exclaims in excitement.

The image of Vince flashes through my mind.

" Oh yeah...that's great honey " I fake smile walking into the kitchen.

" Are you not gonna ask who ? " He says following behind me.

I turn to him and raise my eyebrows.

" John...you know the guy with the big curly hair" I don't remember.

" Oh yeah he was good...I liked him " I lie not remembering.

" Yeah we are so stoked we have so many new ideas man it's gonna be great " He smiles walking away again.

I huff, why? I'm not entirely sure.

Lately I find it hard to get excited or just genuinely feel happy. I thought that it was just postpartum depression but now...i think i may be depressed.

Which makes me frustrated, i've nothing to be depressed about....I'm healthy, have a loving husband and two gorgeous kids, a roof over my head and food in the fridge.

I don't understand.

I wake up to the sounds of Decker crying, I jolt up in the bed looking around but he's not in his cradle and Nikki isn't in the bed.

I jog downstairs without even looking at the clock. Nikki stands in the kitchen eating and apple holding Decker in his arms as the television blasts through the kitchen.

" What time is it " I ask rubbing my eyes.

" seven thirty and time for me to go to work " he says kissing Decker on the forehead and handing him to me as I still stand half asleep.

" Work...but you never mentio- " My eyes following him as he grabs his coat and bass.

" Yes I did you just clearly weren't listening to me...you know you've been off in your own little world lately " He says standing in front of me before pecking my lips and running out the door.