part 8

nikki has to be the prettiest human to exist ——————————————————————

——————————————————————

" Decker please eat your breakfast " I plea with my baby who's throwing his oatmeal back at me.

" Nikki ! " I shout for my husband who's gone MIA.

It's Gunners first day of pre school today and to say this house turned into a mad house is an understatement.

" Nikki ! " I shout again standing up from my seat and just leaving Decker to play with his oatmeal in his chair.

" Geez i'm here " He trudges into the kitchen still in his robe.

" What are you doing still in your pyjamas we're gonna be late " I say running to the fridge to prepare Gunners lunch. Speaking of Gunner.

" Gunner sweetie " I call for the eldest child.

He appears with his shirt on backwards, at least he tried.

" Nikki can you fix him please " I ask while i'm making his sandwich.

Just to think last week I was sunning myself in Hawaii and now i'm in full mom mode.

" Hey buddy need some help there " Nikki picks up Gunner and placing him on the counter top to fix his shirt.

" You all excited for school ? " He asks.

" No " Gunner says honestly.

" What why ? " I ask placing his food in his lunchbox.

" What if the kids are mean " He furrows his eyebrows.

" They won't be mean sweetie and if they are you do this " Nikki says raising his middle finger before I slap it down.

" Don't do that Gunner, like your dad said they won't be mean they're all probably just as afraid to start school like you, all you gotta do is be nice and help anyone you think is having a hard time" I smile at the boy closing up his lunch box and putting it in his bag.

" Okay Gun you can sit and watch cartoons for 5 minutes while I get daddy and Decker ready " I user the boy into the living room.

" I don't need help " Nikki laughs

" They why aren't you ready yet " I smile passive aggressively while taking Decker out of his chair.

Nikki gives me a grunt before heading upstairs.

We finally all got ready and are now heading to the school. Nikki decided to drive today. I look back at the kids. Decker is chewing on his toy while Gunner holds onto his lunch bag for dear life.

We finally pull up outside the school, it's a public school. Nikki decided on that which is only fair, he wanted him to be like everyone else , plus lots of celebrities are sending their kids to public schools.

" You ready Gunner " I smile at the dark haired child.

" Where's mommy " He says looking out the window, I turn my head to Nikki who has his lips pulled tight.

" Okay say bye bye to Decker " I say trying to distract him.

" Is she not coming ? " he asks again. I don't wanna say anything it's not exactly my place , I glance at Nikki.

" She's out of town buddy but I promise you she'll be back soon to take you to school " He smiles at the kid before getting out and taking Gunner with him.

" Have fun Gun " I say before Nikki shuts the door.

I watch them walk hand in hand up the steps. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. The poor kid my heart breaks for him.

" What are we gonna do Decker " I say to my 10 month old who hasn't a clue what's going on and he's better off.

Nikkis pov

" I love you buddy " I say to my son as he heads off into the classroom.

I sigh to myself as a turn away. Man that kid just broke my heart. I walk back down the steps of the car where I see Soph playing with Decker. I get into the car. She sits quietly, I know what she's thinking.

" Don't " I say before starting the ignition.

" I wasn't gonna say anything " she says with her hands up.

" I know you're thinking it though "

" And you're also thinking about it " she says back. And she's right.

" I've tried to call her Soph i've absolutely no idea where the woman in gone " I tell her honestly.

And I have tried calling brandy she's either totally avoiding me or changed her number, either way it doesn't matter it's not me who wants her it's her son. Talk about deja vu.

" I have an idea.... " She says looking at me , I glance at her and she has this almost scared look on her face.

" Oh please you're not talking about- "

" It might be the only way Nikki , i'll go myself you don't have to go " She says pleading. I say nothing.

" I love Gunner like he's my own...but unfortunately I don't think that's enough for him right now we need to find Brandi and if Jon is the only way we can figure out where she is then so be it " My head is totally boggled right now.

I know she's right.

" Fine call pretty boy and ask him does he know where she is " I say rolling my eyes.

I hate that the last time I saw or heard of him he basically confessed his love for my wife...but fuck it, if it helps Gunner......