Chapter 2 - meeting the company

Lucy POV-

I woke up without pain but with A bit of a headache so I groaned and then I put my hand on my forehead, when I opened my eyes, my vision was blurry and I saw someone, looking down at me, I looked at him with a 'what the?' look on my head (I forgot the right word for it) I saw white hair and white beard. He was smiling at me kindly, he looked like Santa klaus to me so I said to him while trying to clear my vision "Santa?" the blurry went away and then the man said to me "who is Santa? But I am Balín, little one." My vision cleared up, and then I looked at him again and... it WAS Balín so I said to him kindly "I am deeply sorry for that, sir but do you know where my friend is?" Before he said anything to me, I heard Sophie say to me which is right next to me "I'm right next to you, Lucy hehe." I looked at her and then said to her after rubbing my eyes "oh shit! Soph', sorry I didn't realised that you were there and even next to me as well but did I pass out or something?" And then I heard someone say to me "well, you were losing a lot of blood and I stitched you up but do you want some food?" I looked at that person, and it was Oín so I said to him kindly "I'm more thirsty than hungry right now so can I have some water please?" He nodded and then he handed me some water in a water bag and I downed it in one.

When I finished it, I said to him kindly after putting the water bag down "thank you, sir and I'm Lucy by the way." He smiled at that, then I saw Thorín walking up to us. When he got to us, he kneeled down next to us and then said to me kindly "hello little one, i saw that you are awaken and we asked your friend there about what happened to your parents and your kin but your friend didn't tell us that much so can you tell us what happened but I forgot to introduce myself to you, I'm Thorín Oakenshield, it nice to meet you, lass." Then I said to him "it is nice to meet you too, I don't know what Sophie told you guys but I just remember that our camp was attacked by.. by.. by I think they were orcs but Sophie and I didn't see them though, but I heard the screams of our kin while Sophie and I were running away, the screams will be in my nightmares." Then he looked at us with a frown and then said to me "I am sorry for your loss, you two can stay until we find a place for you or we find your alive kin but now I will let everyone introduce themselves to you." I nodded at that, he stood back up, and then walked away from me. I saw a Dwarf with dark red hair and beard walking up to me. When he got to me, he kneeled down and said to me kindly "hello little lass, I am Gloín, do you want to sit with everyone? I can take you to them." I quickly looked at Sophie, I realised that she was asleep already so I looked back at him, then said "yes, you can do that." He stood up and then picked me up, he put me on his hip and then he walked to his friend with me. When we got to his friends, I saw Fíli, Kíli, Balín, Oín, Bofur, Dwalin, Gandalf, Bilbo, Thorín, Ori, Nori, Bombur and Dori sitting together, Gloín put me down next to Fíli and kíli, then I sit down in the middle of Fíli and Kíli, both of them smiled down to me, then Bofur gave me some food and then I said to him kindly "thank you for the food, sir." I started to eat the food quickly and hungrily, then I heard Bofur kindly "no problem, little lass and you can just call me Bofur" Dwalín said to me "how are you feeling and what is your name, little one?" I stopped eating my food and quickly wiped my mouth on my sleeve, then said to him kindly "I am feeling good now, sir. I'm Lucy as well but I like to know all of your names so I can put a name to a face (or to a person)." Then I heard Kíli say to me "well, you already met mine and Fíli's uncle Thorín, Bofur, Gloín, Oín and the dwarf that you talked to was Dwalín but there is...." And then he started to point them out and telling me the names of the dwarfs, he started with Bombur, then Dori, then Ori, then Nori, then Bilbo but when he got to Gandalf, I looked at Gandalf with widened eyes and then said to him with shock "oh my god! It is 'it shall not pass guy!" Everyone looked at me with raised eyebrows and with shock.

Gandalf said to me while smoking his pipe "I have many names but I have never been called that before, little one." I blushed at that, then said to him "hmmm... I wanted to say that in my head but it came out and it's a really long story why I call him that as well." I looked around to see what's around us, there's trees, bushes, hills, rocks, stones, ponies and... a horse?... ITS LEO! So I quickly finished my food, I put the bowl down on the ground, and then I quickly stood up. Before I walked to Leo, I heard someone say to me while laughing "calm down lass, we don't want you choke on it hehe." I giggled a little bit and then started to walk to Leo while thinking 'I choked on the weirder things before.'. When I got to Leo, I said to her happily while petting her muzzle as best as I could, "hey sexy girl! How did you get here? And they didn't get your tack off as well, I will do that for you." I quickly kissed her muzzle and then I started to get off her tack. When I got the bridle off and undo the Garth of the saddle, I turned around to the company and then said to them shyly "I need help with the saddle, can someone help me with it please?" I saw Kíli stand up and then walked over to me. When he got to us, he got the saddle off of Leo's back, she shaken body to fix her coat out, then Kíli took the bridle from me and I said 'thank you' to him after he put the bridle on the saddle, then I quietly yawned from tiredness so Kíli picked me up and put me on his hip and started to walk back to mine and Sophie's sleeping spot and I fell asleep on Kíli's shoulder.

Kíli's POV-

I put Lucy back down on her sleeping spot and then I sit down next to my brother, and then I heard our uncle said to Dwalín "well, that's a deal, we will go to bree, and get everything what we need and if we can find little ones kin at bree, we will leave them with they kin but if we don't find they kin, we will take them with us until we find someone to look after them." Everyone nodded at that and they started to fall asleep, Bofur took mine and Fíli's place of looking after the ponies and now the horse.