Chapter 12 - death of Azog and then lucy meeting Beorn.

Sophie's pov:

Lucy and Sophie ran different directions to distract Azog but Azog kept following Lucy, but Sophie can't help Lucy out because another orc kept following Sophie and every time she tries to help lucy out, the orc stops her every time and it tries to swing its sword at Sophie barely missing her every time, Sophie looked away from lucy and the white orc for a minute and the next minute, she heard the dwarves screaming 'NO!', 'NO! LUCY!' And then she heard another big bang went off again, then the dwarves and Sophie watched in fear and shock as Lucy and Azog fell off the cliff together and they heard Lucy screaming and then they heard her shout "FUCK NO! SSSSHHHHHIIIIIITTTT!" Sophie shouted after she saw that "NO! LUCY!" Then the dwarves got off the fellen tree with their weapons drawn and then they started to attack the other orcs and they wargs, while fighting the orcs and wargs, they saw a large eagles came to our rescue, one of the eagles grabbed the orc and it's warg at the same and then it threw the orc and warg over the cliff, some of the large eagles did the same and other large eagles picking up and catching the dwarves, Bilbo and Gandalf dropping them onto the other eagles backs, one of the eagles gently grabbed unconscious Thorín and his sword in its claws and then it flow away from the cliff, another eagle picked up Sophie and then dropping her onto other eagle's back, while everyone flying away on the eagles back from the eagle, Sophie looked at where Lucy and the white orc fell sadly and then looked back forward again and keep flying away.

Couple hours later:

It got lighter while flying away, everyone heard Fíli shout in fear for his uncle "THORÍN!", while looking at his and Kíli's unconscious uncle, everyone kept flying until they reached at another cliff that looks kinda like a stone bear, everyone started to get off of the eagles back by one by one until it was Thorín's turn to land, the large eagle gently put Thorín down on the cliff and then the large eagles fly away. When Gandalf got off of the eagle, Gandalf quickly walked over to thorín and then he kneeled down next to Thorín and quietly said "thorín" everyone waited in worried and fear to see if Thorín will wake up or not, Gandalf put his hand on Thorín's face and then slowly moved it down Thorín's face while a little quiet spell on him, Oín quickly walked up to Sophie and quickly checked her over, she was ok and not injured, Thorín's eyes slowly open, then he quietly said to Gandalf "halfling and little ones?" Gandalf looked at him sadly and then said to him sadly "they are alright, they are here but... we have losted Lucy." Thorín's eyes widened when he heard that they losted Lucy, Gandalf stood back up and backed away from Thorín to let him stand up with help from Kíli and Dwalín.

When Thorín stood up, he took Kíli's and Dwalín's hands off him, then he looked at Bílbo, then said to Bílbo "You!... what were you doing? You and Sophie nearly got yourselves killed! We already have losted Lucy! Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the wild! That you had no place amongst us?... I have never been so wrong in all my life." Thorín walked up to and hugged him, Sophie didn't know if Thorín would kiss bílbo or not but everyone cheered for them. Thorín pulled away from Bílbo while looking for any injuries and he is fine, then Thorín said quietly "but I'm sorry, I doubted you." Then Bílbo said to him "no, I would have doubted myself too, I'm not a hero or warrior, not even a burglar but those girls.. well now just one of them but they show real bravery, even at the end for one of them still they are nothing else like it." Before anyone said anything, the large eagles flew past the company, thorín walked to near the edge of the cliff with a 'aw!' In his eyes, and then Bílbo said while looking at where Thorín is looking at "is that what I think it is?" Everybody else came to the edge and stopped behind Thorín and Bílbo, Gandalf said to them after stopping behind Thorín and Bílbo "Erebor, The lonely mountain, the last of the great dwarf kingdom of middle earth." And then Thorín said with a smile "our home." Sophie quietly asked Dwalín "hey Dwalín, how tall is Erebor? Because Lucy and I had little bet, if it's taller than this mountain that Lucy and I know and seen, if I win, she has to do anything that I tell her to do BUT if it's smaller than it, Lucy wins and I have to do anything for her instead." Dwalín looked down at Sophie and then picked her up while saying to her "well, it's 3.500m tall." Dwalín looked at Sophie and she looked really annoyed and then she said, still a bit annoyed "Lucy has won the bet because it's smaller than that...." Before she could finish that sentence, Oín said "a raven! The birds are returning to the mountain." Gandalf happily said to Oín "that, my dear Oín, that is a thrush." Thorín said while looking at the mountain "but we'll take it as a sign. Good Oman." Bílbo said "you're right, I do believe the worst is behind us." Everyone kept looking at the mountain for a while.

Lucy's POV- (after the fall)

Last thing that Lucy remembers was shooting Azog in the head, then falling, seeing Azog's dead body falling with her and then hitting the cold water delow and then just darkness. When she woke up again, she was in a big bed. I was confused at first but then she remembered what happened so she quickly sat up and looked around to find out where she was. When she did that, she heard a deep voice say to her kindly "easy, little one, easy. How do you feel?" She looked at him with wide eyes, then said to him kindly "I'm ok *cough* but my throat is bit sore though *cough* Can I have some water please? *cough, cough* also where am I? And may I ask for your name, sir? I'm Lucy, sir, it's nice to meet you, sir. *cough, cough, tries to breathe in but failing, cough, cough, cough*" He quickly sat down next to her, then he said to her kindly while gently patting her back "nice to meet you too I'm Beorn, and you are at my home, I have found you unconscious at the edge of the river." When she stopped coughing and got her breathe back, so he stopped patted her back, then he stand up and he got some water for her and then she quickly drank it down, then Lucy remembered that being on the edge of the river lying on small stones while coughing up water, before passing out, she saw a really big black bear with old scars and has one cuff on its leg, it was attacking the body of Azog to pieces and it walking up to her so she tilted her head a little bit confused, then said to him confused "wwwwwaaaaaiiiiittttt, I still remember seeing really big black bear with old scars attacking Azog's bead body before I passing out... was it you that bear?" I raised one of my eyebrows at him, he was looking at her with a look that I can't put a finger on, he said to her with a low and deep voice "If I was, would you be scared?" She shook her head and then she said to him happily with a wide smile "no, sir. It's pretty cool, I always wanted to meet someone else like me and my friend except mine and my friend's family but I haven't figured it out yet." Beorn smiled softly at her, then he said to her while looking into her eyes "so you and your friend are skin-changers too, I can help you with changing into your animal form if you want." she quickly nodded with a big smile, then said to him happily "I'm half dwarf too but I would really like that and I can take cuff off if you want? Because I know how to pick locks." He thoughted for a moment and then said to her with a side smile "you can try but I don't know if it would work though and while you are doing that, tell me what happened to you before ending up in that river." She nodded at that, then she quickly got what she needed to unlock the lock on that cuff. Beorn sat down on the side of the bed and he gave his arm that has the cuff on it to her and she started to work on it while telling what happened to her and her friend. When she heard the click of lock unlocking, it fell off his arm and then he lifted his arm up, he slowly rubbed his wrist with a small tear and he hugged Lucy while saying "thank you." And then she said to him when she hugged him back with a little smile "you're welcome".

-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----*-----

The word count is 1586