Chapter #14

The sound of skipping steps echoed down the silent hallways as BB made his way to Prize Corner, a stack of papers with crayon drawings pressed against his chest and an excited grin plastered across his chubby little face.

It was Sunday, the day he and Mari got to spend the night together eating cake, drinking tea and telling stories – well he told the stories. Mari only listened, but he didn't mind. He knew that Mari wasn't a huge fan of telling stories.

Pausing outside the door to Prize Corner, BB reorganized the stack of paper in his arms before knocking on the door to let Mari know he was there, "Hello Mari!"

"Hm? Oh hello Balloon Boy", turning her attention away from the broken doll in her hand, Mari looked over at BB and watched as he waddled over to the counter that sat between them, his blue eyes just barely visible from behind the counter.

"It's cake time!"

Mari frowned lightly and shifted her attention to the calender that hung on the wall next to her, taking note of the 'Cake Time!' sticker that had been stuck in the corner of the day's block.

Had she lost track of the days?

"Ah. It is indeed", placing the doll down in an empty drawer, she turned to the smaller boy – who still stood hidden away by the counter – and motioned for him to listen, "Why don't you go fetch the cake and water from the fridge in the kitchen so long and I'll prepare the table for when you get back?"

BB nodded his head and quickly ran out the room, heading through the maze of hallways and towards the kitchen when something strange caught his eye.

Slowing his run to a walk, BB stopped dead in his tracks and  squinted his eyes slightly at the two figures down the hall. He was 100% certain the one being dragged down the hallway was Freddy, but the giant bunny figure was harder to make out.

He stood and watched as the bunny dragged Freddy deeper into the darker side of the pizzeria. Deeper and further into (Y/n)'s area, until both figures were finally swallowed by the shadows.

BB stood there a bit longer, his gaze shifting between the shadows before a voice finally snapped him out of trance.

"BB? What are you staring at?", turning his attention to his left, his blue eyes locked onto a pair of worried and curious (E/c) eyes. (Y/n) raised a brow as she waited for his answer, watching as the small boy quickly looked back down the hallway before focusing back onto her.

BB fidgeted a bit before pointing in the direction he saw Freddy being dragged, "I saw someone dragging Freddy! I don't know who they were, but they looked like a weird shadow... I think it was a bunny."

(Y/n) was surprised by this and she turned her attention towards the dark hallway, "That's odd... I'll go and check it out. You should carry on with what you were doing. Don't wanna keep Mari waiting now do we?"

BB nodded and continued on his mission, (Y/n) watching him run off for a moment before she entered the dark hallway, her gaze wearily shifting between the shadows and party rooms in case someone – or something – jumped her.

Hearing the sound of glass crunching, (Y/n) looked down and moved her foot, revealing a few shards of glass on the floor.

She turned her head to the left, taking note of the empty emergency axe box that hung on the wall. She turned her attention back to the floor, onky now spotting the oil trail left behind by Freddy's wounds.