Chapter #20

Tapping her fingers against the wooden table top, (Y/n)'s (E/c) eyes were filled with worry as she stared ahead at the doors, patiently waiting for a certain young blonde to enter the room with good or bad news. Maybe even both...

Lightly shaking her head to clear her mind of any negative thoughts as she closed her eyes, her (H/c) (H/l) hair bouncing ever so slightly with the movement.

Opening her eyes she shifted her gaze to to the clock that hung on the wall, her fingers tapping in a 5-5-4 pattern to calm herself down before a soft voice startled her, "It's okay (Y/n). Elizabeth isn't here, which means that Baby is still with us."

Running a hand down her face, (Y/n) let out a soft sigh as she looked over at Mari, "I know. I'm just... I'm worried about her. She's been through so much pain and she's faced so many hardships that it feels unfair for this to happen to her."

Mari rubbed (Y/n)'s back in a reassuring manner as she held the Puppet doll in her free hand. (Y/n) noticed that she hadn't left it alone since she had arrived in the room.

It's like Mari felt that Puppet would walk through those doors. That he was somehow still there, but... he wasn't.

The wandering soul was proof of it, even if they were faint.

(Y/n) gave Mari a soft smile in return before looking back at the doors, her gaze shifting between the plain metal and the clock that hung above them, each second taking what felt like hours to move, 'Any minute now.'

As the clock struck noon a familar faded gold face entered her field of vision, blocking her view of the door. His white eyes stared into hers for a moment as the familar stench of decay clung to the suit.

Had he been there the entire time?

"William..."

Springtrap stared at her a moment longer before walking around the table and plopping next to the ballerina, despite the glare being sent his way. Resting his head in the palm of his hand, Springtrap's gaze locked onto the door, confusion etched onto his face, "Why are we staring at the doors?"

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow as she looked at Springtrap, a hint of curiosity in her (E/c) eyes, "Why do you want to know?"

"Because I'm curious."

"We... we're waiting for Baby."

Springtrap's ears perked up at this and he shifted his gaze over to the (H/c) haired girl next to him, her (E/c) eyes filled with a mixture of worry and regret. Baby was only injured because she'd been out for revenge. Yes, she'd killed William, but now he was possessing the Springbonnie suit.

Baby and the others had gotten badly damaged to help her, while a few didn't even make it out.

Springtrap thought for a moment as he reached up to place a reassuring hand on her shoulder when the doors swung open revealing Vanessa, who had an unsure and nervous look on her features. "So... I have good and bad news. Which would you like first?"

(Y/n) abruptly stood up and walked over the Vanessa, anxious for what news she had, "Good."

"Right so, Baby is okay and she's on her way here, but um... the bad news is that we were unable to fully repair her, so she's not all there yet. If anything she's not entirely herself at the moment, but she's still your Baby, just... different."

(Y/n) looked at Vanessa confused before faint footsteps drew her attention back towards the doorway behind the blonde where a pair of mismatching eyes were visible. Her worries faded slightly at the familiar sight, "Baby..?"

"Hey (Y/n)..."

(Y/n) walked a bit closer to the doors, her fingers twitching as she hesitated to reach out for Baby, "Could you please come out? I've been so worried about you."

Baby hesitated, her gaze shifting to the floor as she took in a deep breathe and stepped forward, the light in the room revealing Baby's appearance.

Most of Baby's damaged plates had been replaced, but her legs and arm had gaps that revealed the endoskeleton below, with a particularly nasty gash on her belly. Her right arm was missing its lower half, with a bandage wrapped around the stub to protect the wiring. A scratch decorated her right eye and her lower left faceplate was replaced with a grey metal sheet.

Her outfit was different too, instead of the usual red clown attire, Babs now had a worn skater attire with roller skates to complete the look.

Her usual neat face paint was also pretty faded and smudged.

"Oh Babs...", (Y/n) couldn't help but stare at Baby as she took in her new look. The happy-go-lucky Baby she knew was gone, replaced with someone who'd lost so much of herself.

Stepping forward, (Y/n) pulled Babs into an embrace, careful to not squeeze too hard as she was sure Baby was still quite sensitive. Baby stood there shocked for a moment before she returned the hug, tears welling up in her eyes as she finally processed everything she'd been through.

After some time, (Y/n) and Babs went over to the other Funtimes who also embraced Babs and made sure she was okay. Funtime Freddy was especially worried for the clown with Ballora and Funtime Foxy trying to calm him down.

Babs smiled softly before her gaze shifted around the room, a confused expression gracing her features, "Where's Ennard?"

Funtime Foxy looked away, their ears pressed against their head as fresh tears formed in their eyes. Ballora grabbed Ennard's hat and held it towards Baby who carefully took the damaged item from her, her emotions shifting from confusion to realization and denial as she sent Ballora a pleading look.

Ballora's bottom lip quivered as she tried to recompose herself, her gaze shifting away from Baby as she shook her head, "I'm sorry. He didn't make it."

"Y-you're lying... right?"

Baby smiled slightly before it faltered, her gaze shifting onto the hat in her hand as she processed the information, "R-right?"

"We're so sorry. I wish we had better news," Funtime Foxy spoke up, their voice soft and unsteady as Baby shook her head in disbelief.

"No... no! I don't... no!"

"Baby..."

Sprinting over to the closed door, Baby slammed her fist into the metal, tears pouring down her face as guards stood back, tazers at the ready in case they had to subdue her.

"Bring him back! Please! I need him!"

Everyone watched her as she pounded on the door, begging and pleading for Ennard. No one dared to step in.

After some time, everyone went back to their spots, with Baby sitting in a corner next to (Y/n), a blank look on her face. She'd completely shut down.

(Y/n) wrapped her arm around Babs and pulled her into a comforting hug as she looked up at the darkened windows that sat above the clock, a barely visible figure standing behind them as they watched everyone below.

Two questions sat unanswered in (Y/n)'s thoughts.

Who were they, and what did they want?